Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Metal Detector For An Extreme Noob Under 200$

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Replies: 7 / Views: 3,479Next Topic  
United States
1154 Posts
 Posted 08/02/2006  11:14 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add laxmaster92 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
My birthday is coming up really soon and I want to get a metal detector. Where can I get a good metal detector that is easy to use and will find things like silver and gold and copper on beaches and in dirt and grass. I know all of you hear this alot. I heard garret is really good and so is bounty hunter? Any help is greatly appreaciated!
United States
1154 Posts
 Posted 08/02/2006  11:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add laxmaster92 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
http://www.garrett.com/hobby/products/ace150.htm

I found this one. Is it good?

Also, what else would I need besides a detector?
Forum Dad
Learn More...
United States
21880 Posts
 Posted 08/03/2006  12:31 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bobby131313 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

http://metaldetectors.ecrater.com/p...hp?pid=74836

Same one, 152.95 including shipping and he throws in the headphones and the visor.

I've known BiggFredd for years, you can ask him any questions about it at "sales at BiggFredd.com". Tell him bobby131313 sent you.

United States
1154 Posts
 Posted 08/03/2006  10:30 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add laxmaster92 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks bobby!

DO you know if this detector is easy enough to use for a begginner?
United States
1154 Posts
 Posted 08/03/2006  10:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add laxmaster92 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Which one is better the 150 or 250?
Valued Member
United States
129 Posts
 Posted 09/04/2006  12:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sharktoy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The 250 is better
Valued Member
United States
129 Posts
 Posted 09/04/2006  1:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sharktoy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
if you are wanting to go into the water then I would get a water proof detector

I live in florida and that is the only way to go. Most beaches are cleaned by hobbiests finding coins but imagine only 10 percent actually go into the water off shore. Have you ever lost a ring wearing it in water?
United States
1154 Posts
 Posted 09/04/2006  3:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add laxmaster92 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I already got my detector. I made like 2 topics on finds
  Replies: 7 / Views: 3,479Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.23 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: