Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

All members, post your most recent US Coin purchases!

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 422
Pillar of the Community
United States
1007 Posts
 Posted 01/11/2012  11:53 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add matchbox to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've been getting Shield nickels. The 1866 arrived yesterday.
Valued Member
United States
255 Posts
 Posted 01/11/2012  6:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add briank to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I just bit the bullet and bought a 1921 SLQ slabbed and graded vf30. Toughie to find with a decent date. Hopefully comes tomorrow, tried to post but it won't let me.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2006 Posts
 Posted 01/11/2012  8:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cipster to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I just bought this 1916 Mercury - no, it's not a D. It was inexpensive and looks AU to me - what do you think?

Member ANA and EAC
Valued Member
United States
89 Posts
 Posted 01/11/2012  8:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MikeBrax to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice looking merc
Pillar of the Community
United States
1500 Posts
 Posted 01/11/2012  8:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinstar to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Penny for the dansco--and the halves going in my year set.

Edited by Coinstar
01/11/2012 8:53 pm
Rest in Peace
United States
9104 Posts
 Posted 01/11/2012  10:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add biggfredd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
briank-

Use "reply to topic" and upload image to ccf.

cipster-
I'd say problem-free vf with nice eye appeal.
Valued Member
United States
168 Posts
 Posted 01/11/2012  11:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add w00zi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
cipster- The braids and hair before the ear are clearly visible and the diagonal bands are sharp which would indicate a grade around EF40.
Valued Member
United States
284 Posts
 Posted 01/13/2012  4:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DM1975 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Got a couple AU Indian cents yesterday

Rest in Peace
United States
9104 Posts
 Posted 01/13/2012  5:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add biggfredd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
DM-

Both look like cleaned. I'd say xf and vf, cleaned.
Valued Member
United States
284 Posts
 Posted 01/13/2012  6:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DM1975 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Biggfredd, that may be due to me having scanned these while in the flips. The resolution was not the best and I had to do some post work on the images.
Valued Member
United States
202 Posts
 Posted 01/13/2012  6:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TreeMonkey to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Can I post pictures of coins I had forgotten I had? Even better than newly purchased, they seem free!

Riddled with die cracks (good or bad thing?) and I love the subtle purple undertones.

Valued Member
United States
325 Posts
 Posted 01/13/2012  6:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Davest to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've been slowly filling a Dansco cent album with LMCs in BU and Proof. In the past few weeks I've purchased the 82s, 91s, 63s,and 15 other specimens. My picture taking abilities are terrible, so you'll have to wait until it's finished to see it.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1497 Posts
 Posted 01/15/2012  7:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mysilveryears to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I recently lucked into these two bust halves at a local estate sale. They were lumped in with a bunch of Franklins.
The lettered edge 1836 has the darkest toning I have ever seen on one of these coins. Speculations as to grade and or variety are welcome. I am not very knowledgable about this series.
Cost for each was ~ $50 after deducting the silver value of the rest of the lot.

Rest in Peace
United States
9104 Posts
 Posted 01/15/2012  9:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add biggfredd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
f, vf. nice looking 36.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1704 Posts
 Posted 01/16/2012  11:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Gyrene7483 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A couple of weeks ago I posted a couple of pictures of an 1872 Seated Liberty dollar I had sent off for. Those pictures were not very good, too much flash which made the coin look like it had been cleaned. I know thie dealer I bought the dollar from and if it had been cleaned he certainly would have mentioned it. Well, here are much better pictures of what the dollar actually looks like.

I also acquired an 1878-S Trade dollar and will post pictures of it tomorrow and last Wednesday I got an EF 1835 Half Cent at the coin club meeting. Only have the obverse photo, the reverse photo was out of focus.

Ed
ANA LM-3175
Page: of 422 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.26 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05