Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

All members, post your most recent US Coin purchases!

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 410
Pillar of the Community
United States
1500 Posts
 Posted 01/22/2012  12:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinstar to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
pretty much got it all for 20 bucks.....

Edited by Coinstar
01/22/2012 12:04 pm
Valued Member
United States
55 Posts
 Posted 01/22/2012  1:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Radarcoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Local coin club had a bunch of Barber dimes, Quarters and Halves on the auction list. Bidding was fierce, but I was happy with this one. Overpaid but nice addition to my Barber quarter collection

Learn More...
United States
13263 Posts
 Posted 01/22/2012  2:41 pm  Show Profile   Check Fuzzy317's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Fuzzy317 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yesterday, I purchased upgrades for 3 Mercury dimes, that will be seen in the Mercury dime thread.

From this 1921 Mercury dime

To this 1921 Mercury dime

From this 1921-D Mercury dime

To this 1921-D Mercury dime

From this 1936-D Mercury dime

To this 1936-D Mercury dime

edited for having wrong dates
<---- expert of nothing, student of everything. My Coin Galleries
Here is: My Want List.... to work on my: Birth Year Set

Circulating Dollar Coins ......Circulating Half Dollar Coins ...... Circulating Two Dollar Bills
Edited by Fuzzy317
01/22/2012 4:27 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
524 Posts
 Posted 01/22/2012  3:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BLUESZONE to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Fuzzy, looks like both of your 1920 merc upgrades are error coins. Both were stamped with 1's instead of 0's.
Learn More...
United States
13263 Posts
 Posted 01/22/2012  4:26 pm  Show Profile   Check Fuzzy317's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Fuzzy317 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
BLUESZONE,
Fuzzy, looks like both of your 1920 merc upgrades are error coins. Both were stamped with 1's instead of 0's.

oops got 1920 in my mind since that was today's date for the Mercury dime thread.
<---- expert of nothing, student of everything. My Coin Galleries
Here is: My Want List.... to work on my: Birth Year Set

Circulating Dollar Coins ......Circulating Half Dollar Coins ...... Circulating Two Dollar Bills
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2001 Posts
 Posted 01/23/2012  12:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cipster to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here's my latest purchase a 1773 Virginia Half Penny. No Period, Newman 8-H, LDS, R.3, PCGS VF20. I freed it from the PCGS holder and it's sitting next to my only other colonial a 1787 CT Copper.

I wish they could talk to each other - that would be an interesting history lesson!

Rookie question - Is die bulge the correct term for the reverse at 10 o'clock?

Member ANA and EAC
Valued Member
United States
489 Posts
 Posted 01/23/2012  10:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Rayman311 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1866s Seated Half no motto - ICG VF20

Valued Member
United States
171 Posts
 Posted 01/23/2012  10:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add War Nickel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1883 Liberty nickel, No Cents Die crack for now, must go to sleep!

OK. Obverse. Lighting needs much improvment, R+D working on cheapest solution using only materials in house for now...

And the Reverse...die crack is between "T" and "D" in "United"....

Edited by War Nickel
01/23/2012 10:49 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
1500 Posts
 Posted 01/23/2012  10:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinstar to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
cipster--thats awesome--ive never seen one of those!
Edited by Coinstar
01/23/2012 10:55 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
4069 Posts
 Posted 01/28/2012  3:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CaptainFwiffo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This just arrived a few minutes ago. Paid a fairly ordinary retail price for the grade, but it sure is nice to fill in those tougher holes. It is a nice condition match for the common coins that will be flanking it. Or it will be, when I finally get an album.

It's also nice to get back to work on a set I haven't touched in more than 20 years.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3454 Posts
 Posted 01/29/2012  4:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fistfulladirt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My first slabbed coin, I bought 2 weeks ago from local dealer. I went in to make my routine 90% silver purchase and he's had trouble keeping any silver on hand. I had a wad of cash in my pocket, had to spend it on something!

When I listen to LED ZEPPELIN...so do my neighbors...reluctantly

Roll hunting since '77
Dirt fishing since ‘72
Valued Member
Canada
434 Posts
 Posted 01/29/2012  4:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add secoinedchance to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well, I went and got myself a couple of really nice additions to my collection today (there are more on the way too). I got a 1861 1/2 dime in pretty good condition (pics to follow) and a 1868 Seated Liberty dime. The dime is gorgeous on the obverse with a ding at 9:00 position between lady liberty and United States, and a little worn on the reverse. The 1/2 dime has a nice obverse with some heavy wear on the "of" of United States of America. The reverse is gorgeous too. I don't want to grade these, so I'll leave it up to you, my fellow CCF'ers.

Edited by secoinedchance
01/29/2012 5:09 pm
Rest in Peace
United States
9104 Posts
 Posted 01/29/2012  8:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add biggfredd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
fine details,prolly cleaned
Pillar of the Community
United States
1500 Posts
 Posted 01/30/2012  6:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinstar to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
might be done with roosies now--I will have to check

Edited by Coinstar
01/30/2012 6:24 pm
Valued Member
United States
70 Posts
 Posted 01/30/2012  10:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ridge_Runner to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here are two I just bought last week. I got the 1950D Jefferson for a great price. Still working on my picture taking abilities. The pic does absolutely no justice on the stairs. Only one half of one stair has wear. As for the 1937 Merc, got it for melt price.

Page: of 410 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.86 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05