Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

All members, post your most recent US Coin purchases!

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 422
Valued Member
United States
344 Posts
 Posted 11/13/2011  01:09 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jdbarrick to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Keep them coming
Pillar of the Community
United States
1497 Posts
 Posted 11/13/2011  12:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mysilveryears to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
After lots of discouraging ebay searching, finding only overpriced, overly graded and typically problematical specimens, I finally landed this 1921 USA Peace dollar from my local bullion source that has all the characteristics I have been looking for: PMD-free; high grade circulated coin with nice toning. It was 100 bucks, but I have watched many more in worse condition sell on the 'bay for considerably more. Opinions as to grade/value always appreciated. Wishing everyone good luck in their hunts!

Pillar of the Community
United States
7550 Posts
 Posted 11/13/2011  12:26 pm  Show Profile   Check oih82w8's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add oih82w8 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
mysilveryears, I like the antiqued character of your 21 Peace! It looks oxidized.
oih82w8 = "Oh I Hate To Wait"
"I tell her coins keep me off the streets and out of the bars." Moe145
"WOO-SAA...WOo-SAa...Woo-Saa" (calm down)
"An individual who vacillates when there is need of action will find themself beyond the hope of future success."

My Virtual 7070 https://www.PCGS.com/SetRegistry/ty...album/142105
Edited by oih82w8
11/13/2011 12:27 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
5551 Posts
 Posted 11/13/2011  1:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add muddler to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A really nice 21 dollar there. Having the patience to wait for the right coin has served you well.
Valued Member
United States
344 Posts
 Posted 11/13/2011  5:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jdbarrick to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice looking Peace!
Learn More...
United States
14454 Posts
 Posted 11/13/2011  5:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bryan1315 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
these would be the latest I have purchased for my collection

Edit: I just noticed this is in the Classic section so if the op would like I will split my post out
Valued Member
United States
209 Posts
 Posted 11/13/2011  5:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Caferacer311 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice Peace dollar!
My recent buy today is a 1921D dime
Learn More...
United States
14454 Posts
 Posted 11/13/2011  6:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bryan1315 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
this is the latest classic coin I have purchased. Its not a new purchase but the latest one. Ignore the eye lash in the Reverse picture, I didn't notice it until after I had already put the camera up

Valued Member
United States
209 Posts
 Posted 11/13/2011  6:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Caferacer311 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice Up Top!
Pillar of the Community
United States
2150 Posts
 Posted 11/14/2011  12:07 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jokingjoker to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I didn't notice it until after I had already put the camera up

I hate that! I have like 10 pics of coins I didn't even bother putting up in the grading section because of stuff I noticed after the pic was taken and the camera was back in the closet!
Pillar of the Community
United States
564 Posts
 Posted 11/14/2011  10:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add brg5658 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I added this to my U.S. Type Set today.

Pillar of the Community
United States
5551 Posts
 Posted 11/14/2011  10:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add muddler to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Beautiful 09 Indian cent!
Valued Member
United States
344 Posts
 Posted 11/15/2011  12:32 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jdbarrick to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
brg5658 nice looking indian head! mysilveryears, that was a great find! Color is very unique and really brings a nice feel to the coin
Learn More...
United States
13424 Posts
 Posted 11/19/2011  08:06 am  Show Profile   Check Fuzzy317's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Fuzzy317 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I recently purchased this:

to complete this:

<---- expert of nothing, student of everything. My Coin Galleries
Here is: My Want List.... to work on my: Birth Year Set

Circulating Dollar Coins ......Circulating Half Dollar Coins ...... Circulating Two Dollar Bills
Pillar of the Community
United States
1372 Posts
 Posted 11/19/2011  10:18 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Chancellor Sutler to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Still waiting for this one. Should arrive around the middle of next week.

I'm trying to assemble a type set of more significant coins. I could have bought a lot of type 2 SLQs, but this is a scarce one. My "without rays" Shield nickel is an 1880. Other early issues aren't low mintage but condition rarities like this SLQ. While over 6 million of these were minted, less than 5 percent were fully struck, and most of those are worn from heavy circulation.

Chance

Page: of 422 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.43 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05