Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

ATB Five Ounce Silver Coins  

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 286
Pillar of the Community
United States
2168 Posts
 Posted 02/25/2012  12:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add angel2004 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I hope they do as well but would not like to see the high price again. I did not buy at 279. I was lucky to get a Yellowstone from a local shop but didn't purchase the others until they were 229. Bought some Gettysburg for Christmas gifts. When they went to 204 I got this years gifts thank goodness! All done and at a good price (for now anyway). I didn't get the Chickasaw since I tried to order yesterday to no avail. I am happy to have what I do though
Pillar of the Community
United States
1807 Posts
 Posted 02/25/2012  6:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bizybackson to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This repricing might not be $229.95, and may in fact may be bypassed in favor of $254.95. If I recall correctly NP1 was priced in early April, about 3 weeks before its scheduled availability on the 28th of that month. In early April the price of silver was around $37/38 oz. That shot up to $48/oz. on the day of release. A $20 premium per oz. got cut to $8 per oz. So unfortunately, you might be out of luck on NP10. It's really quite possible that the 2012s will be around $279.95 depending if silver stays around the $35-$40 area, and also factoring in the rumored lowered 25,000 mintage. It's not looking good for lower silver prices this year.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2168 Posts
 Posted 02/25/2012  6:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add angel2004 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes I agree with what you say. I may look at my local shop to check. They do get in some of the 5 Oz and with silver going up some may sell. I didn't buy into them at the high open price and won't now either. I would have liked having the Grand Canyon and Yosemite but not worth it to me. I did get Yellowstone for 210 locally.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4484 Posts
 Posted 02/25/2012  6:43 pm  Show Profile   Check barryg's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add barryg to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
All I know is that I am really glad to have purchased the 2010 and 2011 sets when I did. Had I bought earlier, I would have paid the $279.99 per coin, and had I waited I would have either not gotten them at all or else paid a lot more.

I have a feeling I won't be getting the 2012 coins...

My Coin & Currency Collection
(Dansco 7070 and 8100 albums, Proof Type Set, U.S. Currency Type Set & Foreign Bullion Collection)
Pillar of the Community
United States
2168 Posts
 Posted 02/25/2012  6:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add angel2004 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes you did it just at the right time!

Pillar of the Community
United States
1807 Posts
 Posted 02/25/2012  7:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bizybackson to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The repricing has the effect of dampening sales of the existing 2011 inventory even more, since having the price move up and down in concert with the spot price makes them into bullion coins, instead of collector coins to a lot of collectors. This is probably why the Mint withheld putting the 2012s onto the calendar, they'll want to track how the existing pucks sell with the higher pricing, and gives them the option to cancel offering the 2012s if the sales are poor. There's nothing in the authorizing legislation that says the collector coins have to be issued along with the bullion. The Mint already has done this with the ASE program, suspending year(s) for both the proof and burnished uncirculated. If this comes to pass, it's a mixed bag, I'll probably drop the uncirculated pucks in favor of the super shiny bullion, as that can be completed, while there would be holes with the other set. On the bright side, that's $1,400+ saved in the bank.
Valued Member
United States
199 Posts
 Posted 02/25/2012  9:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Landude to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
All we can do is wait and see. I'm glad I jumped on the last three pucks two weeks ago, I finally got caught up.
I would be okay with 229, anything higher not so much.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2168 Posts
 Posted 02/25/2012  9:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add angel2004 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's my threshold as well I think. Maybe a little more if silver rises and I relly want them and pricing ends up being in a similar ratio to spot as the 204 pricing was
Pillar of the Community
United States
1035 Posts
 Posted 02/29/2012  1:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Teach to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
How long do you guys think they will wait before they remove the suspension and come up with new pricing?
Pillar of the Community
United States
2168 Posts
 Posted 02/29/2012  1:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add angel2004 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
They took over a week last 2 times. With silver fluctuating so it may take a bit or it will go up quite a bit to compensate
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8357 Posts
 Posted 02/29/2012  4:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Right. Ag was up over a dollar to start the day but looks like it is going to close down $2.3x. That's quite a ride.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2168 Posts
 Posted 02/29/2012  4:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add angel2004 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I wasn't able to get number 10 so I hope things settle down and prices are pOsted soon! Not 279 though. I didn't buy any at that price so missing 3 of the first 5. Oh well. To me not worth that high price. 204 price was great and I did buy fOr gifts this year. Glad I did
Pillar of the Community
United States
1035 Posts
 Posted 03/02/2012  07:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Teach to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I bought way too many at 279, but not much I can do about it now. I did buy extra ones at the lower price so I was kind of hedging my bets. I will continue to buy at whatever price they come out at. I wish the mint would release their product release schedule for the year so I have some idea of what is coming out and when. They currently don't have any of the coins listed that I want to buy the rest of the year.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1807 Posts
 Posted 03/07/2012  01:17 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bizybackson to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank goodness the price of silver dropped to under $33/oz the past couple of days. They are all back for sale at $204.95 as of this morning. Who knows how long it'll stay at this price, but we know now that if it gets anywhere near or over $35/oz. the Mint will suspend all the silver products. Still no word on the El Yunque bullion or uncirculated release, though.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2168 Posts
 Posted 03/07/2012  08:06 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add angel2004 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am so happy to hear that. I need no. 10 plus 4 more of the others for the rest of birthday/Christmas presents
Page: of 286 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.77 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05