Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

ATB Five Ounce Silver Coins  

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 286
Pillar of the Community
United States
1035 Posts
 Posted 03/07/2012  10:16 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Teach to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think they should keep the original price on the coins and if silver goes up or down too much, then just stop selling them. Then the people who bought at the intro price aren't getting ripped off. If they stop the sell, then there would be a lower mintage and maybe make the coins worth what the intro price was paid for them. Then when the next coin comes out lower or increase the price accordingly and keep that price the same until it has to be removed due to silver price fluctuation.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2168 Posts
 Posted 03/07/2012  4:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add angel2004 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have no problem with the mint lowering or raising price (just like gold and Pt coins) with price fluctuations. What would the do with minted coins that couldn't be sold? Waste for them. I don't think the would have sold the Gettysburg at 279 if the next was priced $50 less like it ended up. I wouldn't have purchased the 7 Gettysburg I did for Christmas gifts. That's for sure (4 at the even lower 204 price). It didn't bother me at all that I pd a bit more for some.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8347 Posts
 Posted 03/16/2012  11:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Still no mention of the 2012 ATB 5-oz UNC coins on the mint site. Sure would like to see the 2012 designs in the larger format. Come to think of it, I don't recall there being bullion versions yet either - anyone know if bullion versions are going to be minted in 2012?

With so many released in such a short time span (10 in 10 months or so) + the 25th Anniversary ASE set + all the other stuff, I'm glad for a break. But I don't really want a permanent break.

Interesting article on the topic:
http://www.numismaster.com/ta/numis...icleId=24811
Pillar of the Community
United States
2168 Posts
 Posted 03/16/2012  12:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add angel2004 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am wondering as well. I haven't heard anything and I get a few emails regarding mint releases. I am glad too since one can't buy everything at once. I still haven't purchased the 10th coin. I waited too long and the day I was going to they were suspended so I ordered the Military commerative coin. Now that they are avail again for 205 I hope to get the last one and 2 others for gifts. Buying silver now for kids and grandkids 'big' gifts. Still have to pick up the silver 5 quarter for 2012 too
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8347 Posts
 Posted 03/22/2012  10:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Lots of new product updates and pricing announcements.... no ATB 5-oz yet.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2168 Posts
 Posted 03/22/2012  11:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add angel2004 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I know. Guess we should buy up extra of the second 5 at 205 just to have if for PM content as well as just collecting

Pillar of the Community
United States
1035 Posts
 Posted 03/27/2012  08:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Teach to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Does anyone have any idea when the next ATB 5 oz. is coming out? Any guesses or estimates out there? It sure seems like a long wait after the way they were pumping them out before. I just hope they don't do that again and keep a little space between the release dates.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2168 Posts
 Posted 03/27/2012  11:18 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add angel2004 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
No clue waiting as well. I wonder if anyone has been to the Mint and has seen them? I know last summer friends saw a 5 oz being struck in
Philadelphia
Pillar of the Community
United States
1035 Posts
 Posted 05/07/2012  08:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Teach to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm almost starting think they aren't coming out with any more of the collector's version of these pucks, what do you guys think is happening? 1/3 of the year is past and still no indication on the mint website.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2168 Posts
 Posted 05/07/2012  09:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add angel2004 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm beginning to wonder as well have the bullion version come out yet?
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2269 Posts
 Posted 05/07/2012  10:17 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spider5689 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My thoughts about the possibility of canceling this serious would probably only affect the business strikes. The mint did the same thing in 2003 with the Sac dollars, Kennedy halves, and the on going Presidential dollars. I believe they will continue to be minted for collectors only.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2168 Posts
 Posted 05/07/2012  1:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add angel2004 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
But have any been minted or put for sale at all? The bullion?
Pillar of the Community
United States
4483 Posts
 Posted 05/07/2012  1:28 pm  Show Profile   Check barryg's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add barryg to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nothing has been put on sale as far as I am aware.

My Coin & Currency Collection
(Dansco 7070 and 8100 albums, Proof Type Set, U.S. Currency Type Set & Foreign Bullion Collection)
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8347 Posts
 Posted 05/07/2012  2:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Likewise. I also do not see any definitive news of their release anywhere.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2168 Posts
 Posted 05/07/2012  8:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add angel2004 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Doesn't sound good.
Page: of 286 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.86 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05