Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

ATB Five Ounce Silver Coins  

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 286
Pillar of the Community
United States
1035 Posts
 Posted 05/08/2012  1:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Teach to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The mint has products listed out until June 7th right now, so if they do come out with a schedule for the these pucks this year will be half over. I sure would hate to see these go away. The only bright side I could see if they did is that what was minted might become more rare and valuable, I don't know.........
Pillar of the Community
United States
2168 Posts
 Posted 05/08/2012  4:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add angel2004 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I know I check that out every week or so
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8358 Posts
 Posted 05/08/2012  6:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Maybe if silver keeps tanking, they'd sell for under $200!

I have serious doubts as to whether we'll see them, but who knows. Maybe the Mint will pack them all into 4 months and really squeeze the ol' wallet.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1751 Posts
 Posted 05/08/2012  8:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add M0nks to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
i was thinking the same thing I'm suprised they arent listed at 199.99
Pillar of the Community
United States
2168 Posts
 Posted 05/08/2012  8:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add angel2004 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That would be nice. I wonder if they were minted?
Pillar of the Community
United States
1807 Posts
 Posted 05/09/2012  02:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bizybackson to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This is one of those occasions I sure hope I am wrong, but it's beginning to seem like the 2012 pucks might have been scrapped from the calendar. It's already mid-May! 

A couple of reasons, first, silver is tanking, and if it stays below $30.00/oz., the demand just won't be there. Another reason is the "stable" inventory, if the Mint has enough bullion and collector coins on hand for sale during the rest of the year, they're covered since they have enough supply to cover the demand. It's immaterial what year is stamped on those coins so long as there's sufficient minted coins to meet projections, that will fulfill the obligation as stated under the authorizing legislation.

On another blog I subscribe to, someone estimated that it would take another 2 1/2 years to sellout the first of the 2011-Ps. Rather a depressing thought. This series is every bit as unpopular as the gold First Spouses, but the FS coins are different as they are required to be issued in conjunction with the circulating Presidential dollar, and the gold spouses were really never thought of as practical bullion coins. Will be interesting as the 2012 dollars aren't made for circulation, how would that affect the FS program?

Is it only just a year ago that many of us was just getting the Hot Springs-P puck delivered? The overzealousness with which the 2010 coins were ordered and hoarded caused the Mint to grossly overestimate the production of 2011s, which are fast becoming the new Bicentennial 40% proofs. I am not going to hold my breath for the 2012s, even for a short run of 10,000 coins of each of the five designs in either format as that's the base number of collectors who would definitely buy these. In the age of instant information, a strictly limited mintage on even the most unpopular U.S. Mint product would sellout in a matter of hours to marketers and flippers.
Pillar of the Community
United States
501 Posts
 Posted 05/09/2012  07:48 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Billie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Didn't the mint buy a very expensive coin press from Germany just to make these foolish pucks?

Another Govt boondoggle.
Valued Member
United States
333 Posts
 Posted 05/09/2012  09:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BuffaloBonehead to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
They are probably now starting to struggle minting enough bullion silver eagles to meet demand, which is required of them.
Edited by BuffaloBonehead
05/09/2012 09:13 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
2168 Posts
 Posted 05/09/2012  09:38 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add angel2004 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The funny thing is that I have read that this year compared to last year have lower sales from the mint. They should have left well enough alone and minted eame number 1tbe so many unsold since the additional would have gone toward striking the 2012 and would have been sold
Pillar of the Community
United States
501 Posts
 Posted 05/09/2012  10:02 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Billie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Lol. Angel, They could not do that! It would have made sense!
Pillar of the Community
United States
2168 Posts
 Posted 05/09/2012  10:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add angel2004 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I know and we would be buying those 2012 now! I have been to 3 of the 2012 parks but all the 2013. Doesn't look like I will be getting them. Only in silve quarter proof sets! Once these 5 oz dropped I purchased for Christmas gifts to parks visited by the recipient! I did buy for this coming Christmas once at 204. I really wish they would at least let us know!
Pillar of the Community
United States
2277 Posts
 Posted 05/09/2012  10:48 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wquinn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It is strange they don't have any mention of the 2012 ones yet, but by law, they have to mint some. There is still plenty of time left in the year to mint them. The mintage is so low, they could easily mint them all in a few days. I think they only have one press to mint them and it can probably mint thousands per hour, so they don't need much time to mint all of them.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1035 Posts
 Posted 05/10/2012  08:21 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Teach to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sales figures for the pucks and other silver in April......

http://www.silvercoinstoday.com/sal...eady/106553/
Pillar of the Community
United States
2277 Posts
 Posted 05/10/2012  08:55 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wquinn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for posting the update on them.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1807 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2012  01:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bizybackson to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just checked the 2012 5oz page on APMEX's website...sure don't want to get anybody's hopes up, but the "availability" date for the El Yunque 5oz bullion coin is now listed as 6/30/12. Maybe APMEX knows information from the Mint that we don't?
Page: of 286 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.78 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05