Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

ATB Five Ounce Silver Coins  

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 286
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8347 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2012  02:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the info Bizy. I see the same thing on APMEX. Wonder what the price will be!

With Ag under 28, I might be tempted to buy the bullion versions if I can find them at a reasonable price. Even the UNC versions will hopefully be under 190 with current prices of Ag.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
10427 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2012  03:30 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add basebal21 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Im starting to wonder if theyre holding off on the coins trying to see what the price of silver will do with how its been so up and down to start the year
Pillar of the Community
United States
2168 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2012  06:08 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add angel2004 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Guess we cn only keep guessing.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1807 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2012  07:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bizybackson to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm in for two each of the 2012 bullion coins if and when they become available, the 2011s should be around for years to come, right now they are about $147-$148/ea., they are excellent buys at this level. Realistically, the collector versions should drop another $25.00, the sales have really slowed since Ag tanked below $30/oz.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2168 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2012  09:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add angel2004 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's the price for the bullion right? I checked the Mint and the uncirculated are still 204 95. I'm not paying that. I wish I could get the bullion at my local dealer.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4484 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2012  09:36 am  Show Profile   Check barryg's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add barryg to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yah, the bullion coins typically sell for a few dollars over spot at the various dealers (APMEX, Providence, etc.).

My Coin & Currency Collection
(Dansco 7070 and 8100 albums, Proof Type Set, U.S. Currency Type Set & Foreign Bullion Collection)
Pillar of the Community
United States
1035 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2012  09:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Teach to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Glad to hear there might finally be some movement of these pucks, looking forward to seeing the new ones and what prices they will be asking. Thanks for the updates!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1035 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2012  1:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Teach to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hey Bizy,

I checked out APMEX and the date I saw for availability on these are 6/1/12 not 6/30/12.

Pillar of the Community
United States
1807 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2012  2:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bizybackson to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Teach, thanks for the update, APMEX did change the date from 6/30 to 6/1/12. Sure hope this is a real date and not some made up date they put in to get customers going. I haven't gotten my alert message yet, so I'm just crossing my fingers and hope if they are released on 6/1 they'll cost between $150-$160 a bullion puck.

@angel2004: Yeah, the $148 I am quoting is for the bullion 2011 versions. If Ag stays under $30 for at least a month, the Mint should reprice the uncirculated versions to $179.95, another $25.00 drop. Right now there is nearly a $60 spread between bullion and collector versions. If they are repriced, it would rather suck for those of us that paid $204 and $229, but that's how it goes when you dabble in PMs. Even some of the 2010s can be had for less than the issue price of $279 if you shop carefully. These are NOT universally beloved coins.
Edited by Bizybackson
05/16/2012 2:13 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
2168 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2012  2:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add angel2004 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks! Yes. I am waiting for the mint to drop
Pillar of the Community
United States
1807 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2012  6:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bizybackson to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's gone to the top of the APMEX 2012 page now, three ordering options, a single coin, tubes of 10 or monster boxes of 100! $158.50 for the singles!

Quote:

As low as $2.89 per oz over spot!
These coins will be available for shipment on or before June 1st! First release of 2012!

El Yunque is the first of five America the Beautiful 5 oz Silver bullion coins to be released by the U.S. Mint in 2012 and the 11th in the series. El Yunque, formerly known as Luquillo National Forest and Caribbean National Forest, is only 28,000 acres. It is the only tropical rain forest in the United States Forest System. The forest was originally protected by King Alfonso XII of Spain, which makes it one of the oldest protected areas in the West. Under the name Luquillo Forest Reserve, it was established on Jan. 17, 1903. Today, more than 200 species of trees and plants thrive there, 23 of which are indigenous. The coin's reverse depicts a Coqui Tree Frog and a Puerto Rican Parrot with tropical foliage in the background. The Puerto Rican Parrot is an endangered species unique to Puerto Rico.

Coins ordered in a quantity fewer than 10 or not in multiples of 10 will come in individual capsules.
Coins ordered in multiples of 10 will come in mint-issued tubes.
Coins ordered in multiples of 100 will come in a mint-issued monster boxes.
Coins delivered in mint-issued tubes and/or monster boxes will not include capsules.

Find the best Silver value at APMEX. We offer low Silver prices and a wide selection of Silver coins, bars and rounds to make buying Silver online easy.

APMEX stands behind every product it sells with a satisfaction guarantee.

Buy Price: $144.05
* This is the price APMEX will pay you when selling your items to APMEX. Subject to certain minimums.

Product Specifications
Product ID: 67056
Year : 2012
MintMark:
Grade: Brilliant Uncirculated
Denomination: $0.25
Diameter: 76.2 mm
Thickness: 4.064 mm
Inner Pack: 10
Outer Pack: 100
Pillar of the Community
United States
1035 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2012  08:30 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Teach to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Bizy.....looks like you can order now, but I think I will have to wait or should probably wait since I will be on vacation and not home until June 5th. I assume the post office would hold these until I got home, but I don't know if I want to do that. Silver will probably go up during the next two weeks knowing my luck :) I think I will order a couple when I get home, along with the silver proof set, and the 2012 ASEs from SanFran.Going to be a busy week of buying silver. Now I wonder when the rest of the 5 oz pucks will start moving and if it will be a push like last year.
Valued Member
United States
410 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2012  9:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JSH to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The current price is $165 which is pretty good considering that the 2010 I looked at is $233! They are still a bit rich for me.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1035 Posts
 Posted 05/22/2012  07:36 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Teach to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
$163 at APMEX right now for pre-order of the first 2012.........I wish I would have paid this amount for all of my pucks :)
Pillar of the Community
United States
2168 Posts
 Posted 05/22/2012  07:39 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add angel2004 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I wish we can hear about the uncirculated version from the Mint
Page: of 286 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.17 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05