Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

ATB Five Ounce Silver Coins

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 307
Pillar of the Community
United States
1211 Posts
 Posted 05/22/2012  08:43 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Teach to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Angel2004......I know what you mean, I check every few days to see if they are on the schedule. If they are going to sell these you would have thought we would have at least seen this first one scheduled. This is a head scratcher for me.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2168 Posts
 Posted 05/22/2012  08:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add angel2004 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I check as well but haven't in a week or so. Kind of giving up. And just hope to see an update here or there! I'm also waiting for a lower price!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1812 Posts
 Posted 05/22/2012  12:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bizybackson to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Don't give up, it appeared suddenly this morning on the Mint's schedule for next Tuesday, May 29th! Literally caught everyone by surprise, and "price to be determined" -- hope thar means a price reduction. It's listed as NQ0 and not NP11.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2168 Posts
 Posted 05/22/2012  12:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add angel2004 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks! I will check it out. Maybe a good sign of a lower price!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1211 Posts
 Posted 05/22/2012  1:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Teach to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I hope they don't sell out that day, I will be on vacation....haha :-)

Does it seem kind of odd that they are only giving a week's notice before they go on sale? Have they done this in the past where they only give a week's notice before an item goes on sale? Is it due to the silver prices lately?
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10248 Posts
 Posted 05/22/2012  1:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow... cool! I've been looking forward to this but now that it's been announced, I have mixed emotions on it.

No mintage listed either. Wonder if they'll drop mintage to under 20k based on sales of current pucks. That would be pretty nice.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4743 Posts
 Posted 05/22/2012  1:33 pm  Show Profile   Check barryg's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add barryg to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm a bit torn...

I have all five of the 2010 coins in "bullion" form for $189.99 apiece, and they look great. I was able to pick up all five of the 2011 coins directly from the mint after the prices dropped to $204.95, and they also look great. I'm not sure whether the mint packaging and the special "vapor blast finish" is worth the extra $15 per coin, but I figured that worked out to only an extra $3 per ounce so it didn't really matter. Still, I have no idea if the "uncirculated" or "numismatic" versions I got from the mint will ever be worth more than the bullion versions on the secondary market the way that, say, proof ASEs from the mint command a significant premium over the bullion versions.

I dunno. I guess I'll wait to see what the pricing is for these from the mint. If the price is still $204.99 (or higher) and I can get the bullion version for only $169.99, I suppose I'll go for the bullion. If the mint price is something like $189.99, though, it'll be a tough choice for me.

My Coin & Currency Collection
(Dansco 7070 and 8100 albums, Proof Type Set, U.S. Currency Type Set & Foreign Bullion Collection)
Pillar of the Community
United States
2168 Posts
 Posted 05/22/2012  1:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add angel2004 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Can't wait to see the price!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1211 Posts
 Posted 05/22/2012  1:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Teach to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
CelticKnot - the mintage will be 25,000.

Here is more information from the mintnewsblog......

http://mintnewsblog.com/
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10248 Posts
 Posted 05/22/2012  2:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
CelticKnot - the mintage will be 25,000.

Thanks, Teach. I was hoping it would be lower, but that's still the lowest mintage of the series, right?
Pillar of the Community
United States
1812 Posts
 Posted 05/22/2012  2:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bizybackson to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
These will be lower than the 2010-Ps which had a max mintage of 27,000 each. I don't know how the market will react to this sudden announcement, the lower mintage will definitely attract a few more adherents, the the debut of the S circulation quality might jumpstart the series again, I don't know. The 2011-Ps are just a slightly more at 35,000, and after 8 months of sales, not quite 22,000 Gettysburg coins have been sold. I would definitely not bank on these as short-term flipping investments, if the buyers aren't there for a product, even a 10,000 mintage is too many, and these are niche coins, the 5 oz size has obviously been difficult to sell to the public. Doubt there is going to be a sellout of these, we are already in the middle of the program. Hopefully this unexpected release date will give some breathing room with the following release, but June will be expensive month.
Edited by Bizybackson
05/22/2012 2:38 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
1211 Posts
 Posted 05/22/2012  3:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Teach to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
So what do you people think, a long drawn out sale to reach the max. at 25,000, if even or will theses go quick? Any thoughts out there? I just hope there a couple left when I get back from vacation on June 5th. I did line up a relative to try and get me a couple when they go on sale via the phone. We shall see, I would assume the phone lines will be busy. Just curious what everyone else is thinking on these.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1812 Posts
 Posted 05/22/2012  4:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bizybackson to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Teach,
None of these 5oz releases have sold out in a day. The first two, Hot Springs and Yellowstone, sold over 24,000 in the first 5-7 days of sales., and eventually sold out in 15 days. Yosemite almost matched this, but the slow down began with the 4th release, Grand Canyon, it took at least 40 days before it reached the 25,000 mark, and even slower for the 5th release, 3 months for Mount Hood. As for the 2011-Ps, they each opened their sales between 7,800 and 10,600, and none of them are even close to the 25,000 mark. So if you waited a week, you probably can still buy a coin. There's probably at least 8,000 collectors that will buy regardless of the design, which is probably a safe core number of active collectors of this series. The pucks may eventually take off, that time isn't now.
Bedrock of the Community
13014 Posts
 Posted 05/22/2012  9:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add basebal21 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The 2011s were also hindered by the highest price of silver. The sale of these could go quicker with what should be more moderate pricing than 205 and especially than the 275 the 2011s sat at for a while.

Either way though it will probably take a two or three weeks for a complete sell out.

I will get this one, but its my least favorite of this year. Hawaii and Alaska have me the most excited with this years set
Pillar of the Community
United States
2168 Posts
 Posted 05/22/2012  9:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add angel2004 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Having visited this park I will get it. So far I have been to all but 2 of the parks. I did not buy any at the 279 price but was able to pick up Yellowstone for about $200 after market. At the time silve was coming down however the mint lower the uncirculated yet. Once they were lowered I purchased Mt Hood and the rest. I still am waiting on the last of 2011 holding out for a possible lower price.
Page: of 307 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 5.16 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05