Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

ATB Five Ounce Silver Coins

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 4,624 / Views: 324,512Next Topic
Page: of 309
Pillar of the Community
United States
1505 Posts
 Posted 03/19/2020  4:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bret to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Very poor timing by the Mint on the price incre ASE

Revenue will go down, so they'll likely raise prices again.
Pillar of the Community
United States
914 Posts
 Posted 03/24/2020  4:13 pm  Show Profile   Check omxfl's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add omxfl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The US Mint has now postponed the release of the next P coin in the series. The same applies to the basketball coins. It's understandable.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10446 Posts
 Posted 03/25/2020  10:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, it looks like everything on the schedule has been moved to "TBD" except the Silver Proof Set (April 17th).
Pillar of the Community
United States
914 Posts
 Posted 04/02/2020  07:30 am  Show Profile   Check omxfl's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add omxfl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I just checked prices for the Weir Farm 5 oz bullion that will be released early April and couldn't believe the gouging that is going on. The lowest price I found was from monumentmetals at just over $100 each if you buy 10. This is ridiculous... I'll wait. :)
Pillar of the Community
United States
844 Posts
 Posted 04/05/2020  12:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add machine20 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Are they even there right now to mint these coins? Think they could end up low mintage?
United States
8 Posts
 Posted 04/09/2020  9:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add michsundevil to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
And now the Weir Farm is up to $106 - $107 if you by 100 coins. $111 for one. I think I'll wait a little bit to see how it goes. Maybe if (and hopefully when) the coronavirus starts to get better, and every one calms down and quits buying all the silver they can afford - maybe then the Weir Farm prices will come down.

Seems kind of ridiculous to spend $7.50 - $8 over spot to get a silver eagle.

Maybe we should all buy one Weir Farm for now in case it does turn out to be a low mintage. And if it doesn't become a low mintage, and the demand for silver goes down, hence the price of Weir Farm goes down, then maybe that would be the time to buy a second one to average the price out.
Pillar of the Community
United States
914 Posts
 Posted 04/10/2020  07:28 am  Show Profile   Check omxfl's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add omxfl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
^
I wouldn't bank on this being a low mintage. The US Mint minted almost 5.5 million silver eagles in March 2020 alone. But I'm not buying anything right now because of the ridiculous premiums being charged at the moment.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4759 Posts
 Posted 04/13/2020  3:34 pm  Show Profile   Check barryg's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add barryg to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My "Weir" bullion puck just arrived:

My Coin & Currency Collection
(Dansco 7070 and 8100 albums, Proof Type Set, U.S. Currency Type Set & Foreign Bullion Collection)
Learn More...
United States
86430 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
844 Posts
 Posted 04/14/2020  11:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add machine20 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like Salt River already on presale. Again way over spot
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10446 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2020  12:05 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
My "Weir" bullion puck just arrived:

Looks great in the large format.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1505 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2020  09:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bret to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I hate to not have a complete set, but I'm waiting this one out. I just looked on eBay and the best price I could find for a Weir Farm bullion puck is $54.46 total over spot. That's crazy. It looks like people are buying up all the bullion pucks and ammunition.
Pillar of the Community
United States
844 Posts
 Posted 05/03/2020  10:43 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add machine20 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Still huge premiums on bullion ATBs. It would be great if the "authorized dealers" weren't so greedy
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10446 Posts
 Posted 05/03/2020  4:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yeah it's just a function of the overall demand for silver -- everything silver is carrying a huge premium right now. Before this nonsense you could get a 5- or 10-oz silver bar for less than a dollar/oz over spot. Now it's around $3/oz over spot. I don't know that it's so much greed as supply/demand, but maybe a bit of both.

Looks like the next P-puck is now set for 5/18.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10446 Posts
 Posted 05/04/2020  12:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
...and I just received my two-week notice email from the Mint letting me know to get ready for the $178.25 wallet shock for the Weir P-puck.
Edited by CelticKnot
05/04/2020 12:55 pm
Page: of 309 Previous TopicReplies: 4,624 / Views: 324,512Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.68 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05