Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

ATB Five Ounce Silver Coins

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 4,766 / Views: 341,146Next Topic
Page: of 318
Bedrock of the Community
United States
10915 Posts
 Posted 01/07/2021  9:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Any thoughts on what an entire set of 56 P pucks in OGP would sell for?

Hard to say, but I wouldn't be surprised to get a spot offer for the entire set, unfortunately. Anyone who wants to buy a complete set is likely going to want to flip for a profit (and maximize profit at that) or buy for investment. To do so would require acquiring as close to spot as possibele. At current melt that's $7,632.80.

There might be one or two pucks that fetch a bit more such as Grand Canyon, which I see selling for $200+ in OGP on ebay. But I think for a package deal, spot or spot + a little is to be expected. So, perhaps $8k.

I don't intend to sell my set but my heirs might sometime down the road, so I hope I'm wrong. Then again, "sometime down the road", spot could be $100, in which case spot would be just fine.

Parting shot, it is almost always better to break up a set and sell individually to maximize profits.
Pillar of the Community
United States
984 Posts
 Posted 01/07/2021  11:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add atticguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Any thoughts on what an entire set of 56 P pucks in OGP would sell for?
I'm sure there's a wide range of price points a full set would sell at. Do to the number of pucks (56) and the current silver spot value, I think the amount of possible buyers is on the low side.

As mentioned, anybody who wants to buy the set for future resell would probably offer somewhere between $5k and $6k for them at this point of time. Silver stackers might offer spot value. Would anybody pay $40,000 for the set? Probably, but finding that ONE buyer will be tough.

I'm pretty sure that full sets will be offered by this June-July (HSN?), so we'll find out then what a sales price will be.
Edited by atticguy
01/07/2021 11:50 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
964 Posts
 Posted 02/09/2021  09:19 am  Show Profile   Check omxfl's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add omxfl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There has been a recent surge in ATB P coin sales (thanks to the reddit army perhaps?):

Tallgrass Prairie (20AN) may be sold out in about two weeks at this pace.
Pillar of the Community
United States
964 Posts
 Posted 02/23/2021  1:30 pm  Show Profile   Check omxfl's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add omxfl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The final P-ATB appears to have a higher mintage limit than the last few releases - 20k vs. 13.75k. I can only assume it has to do with the design which should appeal to a wider segment, let alone the fact that this will be the final release. Phew...!

https://catalog.usmint.gov/tuskegee...in-21AJ.html
Pillar of the Community
United States
1241 Posts
 Posted 02/23/2021  2:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Teach to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm sure they increased the mintage due to it being the last one and we all saw what happened to last Type 1 ASE. The ASE had a HHL of 99 and went to CU in less than 10 minutes. This last puck has no HHL, so if you want a puck at mint price you mint want to get this one right at noon. Better safe than sorry.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
10915 Posts
 Posted 02/26/2021  02:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have a subscription so I'll get the final puck of the series. And as soon as I do, I will be eyeing a new truck.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1034 Posts
 Posted 03/04/2021  1:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add machine20 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
what are they waiting on to issue the Tuskegee bullion coin?
Bedrock of the Community
United States
10915 Posts
 Posted 03/04/2021  2:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
what are they waiting on to issue the Tuskegee bullion coin?

It's currently on the schedule for April 8th.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1034 Posts
 Posted 03/04/2021  3:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add machine20 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
the uncirculated one is
Bedrock of the Community
United States
10915 Posts
 Posted 03/04/2021  6:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Oops sorry -- read your post too quickly. Dunno what's up with the bullion.

Can't believe I've been collecting these things for 11+ years. My my my how different things were in 2010...
United States
1 Posts
 Posted 03/08/2021  04:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Silver T Rex to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm new to this forum but I've been collecting these 5oz ATB coins since 2011. Sadly I didn't start in 2010 which brings me my question. Is anyone looking to make some trades? I would also be happy to purchase the coins. I'm looking for the 2010s and the Volcano for sure.

I'm looking to deal locally only and I'm in the Seattle area.

If this is not the right spot for this I apologize.

Looking forward to being part of this community.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
10915 Posts
 Posted 03/08/2021  11:01 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to CCF, Silver T Rex!

I think you'll want to review the Buy/Sell/Trade Rules.

In the meantime, I would shop auctions on ebay or maybe visit a coin show when they are back in full swing.
Learn More...
United States
98038 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
1034 Posts
 Posted 03/08/2021  12:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add machine20 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@Silver T Rex yeah I'm kind of in the same boat trying to get the 2012 acadia bullion. 1 sold on ebay last night for $250, which is a good price, but you never know how the thing was handled. Pictures can hide a lot on these things. I'd recommend being patient and targeting ebay auctions for the best prices.
Pillar of the Community
United States
964 Posts
 Posted 03/09/2021  09:19 am  Show Profile   Check omxfl's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add omxfl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There are now only 16 left of the Tallgrass Prairie National Preserve 2020 Uncirculated Five Ounce Silver Coin. If you're still on the fence, now would be the time to purchase one.
Page: of 318 Previous TopicReplies: 4,766 / Views: 341,146Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 9.97 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05