Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

ATB Five Ounce Silver Coins

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 4,780 / Views: 343,368Next Topic
Page: of 319
Bedrock of the Community
United States
10967 Posts
 Posted 04/11/2021  12:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
And nobody feels collecting 5" oz silver bullion coins is the pinnacle of decadency?

Well obviously I don't.

Apparently you do, which is your prerogative, but...seriously?

Edited by CelticKnot
04/11/2021 01:09 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
4807 Posts
 Posted 04/11/2021  07:33 am  Show Profile   Check barryg's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add barryg to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Excellent! Are you happy with it? Are the pucks in capsules or just friction-fitted raw into flocked holes as it appears in the photo I posted?

I'm ecstatic with it. Each puck is within its own plastic capsule and those capsule perfectly friction fit into the holes. If the coins were outside their capsules, the fit would be too loose.

My Coin & Currency Collection
(Dansco 7070 and 8100 albums, Proof Type Set, U.S. Currency Type Set & Foreign Bullion Collection)
Learn More...
United States
99503 Posts
 Posted 04/12/2021  11:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
In my mind I really wanted to do something like this... but at this point I'm not sold about committing to the space requirements on it. It does look nice tho.
Do it! Free up space if you must to accommodate it.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1137 Posts
 Posted 04/12/2021  11:55 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NumisEd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Perhaps we should petition the US Mint to redo the series in 1 or 2 oz version.
Pillar of the Community
United States
968 Posts
 Posted 04/13/2021  08:30 am  Show Profile   Check omxfl's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add omxfl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Opening week sales for the Tuskegee Airmen P-ATB were 19,833. This has got to be one of the highest, if not the highest ever.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4807 Posts
 Posted 04/13/2021  09:08 am  Show Profile   Check barryg's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add barryg to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here are photos of my completed ATB cabinet (excuse the Pokemon cards my son has taped to the wall in the background):

This is the first time I've actually taken the cabinet out of the safe in many years. I don't recall it being quite so heavy...

My Coin & Currency Collection
(Dansco 7070 and 8100 albums, Proof Type Set, U.S. Currency Type Set & Foreign Bullion Collection)
Edited by barryg
04/13/2021 09:08 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
968 Posts
 Posted 04/13/2021  09:15 am  Show Profile   Check omxfl's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add omxfl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
barryg, you just made me salivate. This is one beautiful collection.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
10967 Posts
 Posted 04/13/2021  09:31 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Excellent, barryg. I was wondering how Tuskegee was going to be presented, whether in its own drawer or included with the 2020 issues. I have my answer!
Learn More...
United States
99503 Posts
 Posted 04/13/2021  11:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Here are photos of my completed ATB cabinet
Looks fantastic!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1245 Posts
 Posted 04/13/2021  3:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Teach to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Finally!!! It's over :) Just received my last P puck and completed the set! There's been a lot of comments over the past 10 years since I started this thread. Thanks for taking the journey with me!

How many complete sets do you think are out there? Over \ Under 7,500 ?
Learn More...
United States
99503 Posts
 Posted 04/13/2021  3:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Finally!!! It's over :) Just received my last P puck and completed the set!
Congratulations!

Quote:
There's been a lot of comments over the past 10 years since I started this thread. Thanks for taking the journey with me!
Pillar of the Community
United States
968 Posts
 Posted 04/16/2021  08:59 am  Show Profile   Check omxfl's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add omxfl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The last P-ATB is available again with an estimated ship date of Jul15.
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
418 Posts
 Posted 04/18/2021  09:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add HumblePie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I went from, not sure if I wanted one, to buying two. No regrets.

Bedrock of the Community
United States
10967 Posts
 Posted 04/18/2021  11:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

Wow! They look great!
Learn More...
United States
99503 Posts
 Posted 04/19/2021  10:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Excellent!
Page: of 319 Previous TopicReplies: 4,780 / Views: 343,368Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.5 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05