Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

ATB Five Ounce Silver Coins

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 4,786 / Views: 345,346Next Topic
Page: of 320
Valued Member
United States
153 Posts
 Posted 04/20/2021  10:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Parnelli917 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Love the cabinet and set. I only bought 3 of them. Not for the melt value but I just liked the large format coin.
Valued Member
United States
366 Posts
 Posted 04/23/2021  2:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add howell1018 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
BarryG, that's a beautiful cabinet. I also was one of the "lucky ones" who managed to get in to purchase the original 5 coins and then felt compelled to acquire all the rest. Today I feel relieved to have the whole set and am grateful for the spike in my yearly cash flow now that I don't have to worry about spending $200+ 5 times a year. Just think, when you meet your maker your son will probably sell the coins and convert the cabinet to a Pokemon display case.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
11025 Posts
 Posted 04/23/2021  10:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@howell, congratulations! I am one of those rare fools as well. I can now afford that new truck... oh wait, the Morgans!!
Pillar of the Community
United States
971 Posts
 Posted 04/27/2021  11:14 am  Show Profile   Check omxfl's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add omxfl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There must have been a lot of cancellations & returns for the last P-ATB (sales figures by week):
11-Apr 19,833
18-Apr 19,079
25-Apr 16,668
Bedrock of the Community
United States
11025 Posts
 Posted 04/27/2021  2:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow... that's a delta about -16.2% from 4/11-25. Even if only half of them are returns, that's a lot of wasted shipping.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1230 Posts
 Posted 04/27/2021  5:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NumisEd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Why would those numbers imply returns? Maybe less and less people have simply the money to buy? AFAIK, there are no more stimulus checks being send out. So, sales figures have to reflect the "die hard coin collectors".
Pillar of the Community
United States
1711 Posts
 Posted 04/27/2021  5:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bret to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Why would those numbers imply returns?

Because they're net sales figures. In order for the number to go down over time, more have to be returned than are purchased.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1230 Posts
 Posted 04/27/2021  5:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NumisEd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Should that number not go down if they simply sell less each week with returns constant?
Bedrock of the Community
United States
11025 Posts
 Posted 04/27/2021  5:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Those numbers represent the total number of product sales to a point in time, not weekly sales. I.e., they're the total number of sales since the product was released.

So since total sales were 19,883 on 4/11 and 16,668 on 4/25, that means no matter how many were sold/cancelled/returned in those two weeks, 3,215 went back on the shelves.
Pillar of the Community
United States
971 Posts
 Posted 05/17/2021  08:32 am  Show Profile   Check omxfl's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add omxfl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The last two remaining 2020 P-ATBs are close to becoming unavailable:
Weir Farm - 21 left
Marsh-Billings-Rockefeller - 13 left
Pillar of the Community
United States
971 Posts
 Posted 05/25/2021  12:32 pm  Show Profile   Check omxfl's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add omxfl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Since everyone is consumed with the Morgans , I thought of reminding us all of some low mintage silver coins released by the US Mint, esp. in 2020:

The very last one will be gone in a few weeks, given current sales.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
11025 Posts
 Posted 05/26/2021  10:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Good chart, omxfl.

Low-mintage or not, that is a staggering amount of silver.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1230 Posts
 Posted 05/26/2021  10:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NumisEd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The Mint is still selling 5 oz ATB from a decade ago?
Edited by NumisEd
05/26/2021 10:32 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
1053 Posts
 Posted 05/27/2021  3:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add machine20 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
No
Pillar of the Community
United States
971 Posts
 Posted 06/07/2021  10:08 pm  Show Profile   Check omxfl's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add omxfl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The final release became unavailable yesterday or today. I guess this is it! I still have fond memories of obtaining the first bullion release in 2010 and now it's all over. Sad or happy? I'm not really sure. But I think the fiscal officer inside my head is happy now. :)
Page: of 320 Previous TopicReplies: 4,786 / Views: 345,346Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.41 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05