Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

ATB Five Ounce Silver Coins  

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 286
Pillar of the Community
United States
2168 Posts
 Posted 01/31/2012  11:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add angel2004 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
And with silver rising every day if anyone wants the coins for 204 95 now just might be the time. I hope #10 stays at the price!
Pillar of the Community
United States
4484 Posts
 Posted 01/31/2012  11:49 am  Show Profile   Check barryg's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add barryg to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's exactly how I feel about it. I wouldn't consider buying these at $280, but at $205 they are almost a bargain and they'll soon become a steal if silver keeps going up. And if silver crashes, well, they shure are purdy...

My Coin & Currency Collection
(Dansco 7070 and 8100 albums, Proof Type Set, U.S. Currency Type Set & Foreign Bullion Collection)
Pillar of the Community
United States
4484 Posts
 Posted 01/31/2012  12:11 pm  Show Profile   Check barryg's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add barryg to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Speaking of crashing, it looks like silver just dropped $1 in the last hour or so. Let's hope it's just a minor correction...

(Dansco 7070 and 8100 albums, Proof Type Set, U.S. Currency Type Set & Foreign Bullion Collection)
Pillar of the Community
United States
2168 Posts
 Posted 01/31/2012  12:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add angel2004 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Me neither. That's why I don't have the first 4 from the mint. I did buy #5 at 229. I did buy at that price for last Christmas presents but the 205 came along and got this years presents as well. I do have Yellowstone that I bought as a first strike on the secondary market for 211 back when the uncirculated were still 279 from the mint so not bad for when I purchased. I would like to pick up the other 3 I don't have as well but not for a high premium. My local shop (where I got the Yellowstone) may get one in and he sells for a few dollars over spot for these
Pillar of the Community
United States
1035 Posts
 Posted 02/01/2012  11:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Teach to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I received my Vicksburg from the mint on Monday, another fine looking coin! I was wrong earlier when I mentioned I finally found my first ATB Quarter in circulation, I thought it was a Grand Canyon, but it is actually a Yellowstone, not sure how I mixed those up. I have been to both places so that is cool. Still that is the only NP ATB Quarter I have seen. Anybody else seeing these out in circulation and if so what State do you live in and which ones have you seen?
Pillar of the Community
United States
2168 Posts
 Posted 02/01/2012  12:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add angel2004 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I haven't seen any of the ATB Quarters in circulation. But I did get a GA state quarter in change last night! Yes I got my Vicksburg ordered the 12th. Today my daughters is being delivered that was ordered on Fri! Anyway in full swing for delivery. Gearing up for the next release in a week!
Pillar of the Community
United States
2168 Posts
 Posted 02/01/2012  12:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add angel2004 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Forgot to ask. Has anyone heard anything on the 2012 five oz? I can't find any info. Thanks!
Pillar of the Community
United States
4484 Posts
 Posted 02/02/2012  12:50 pm  Show Profile   Check barryg's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add barryg to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
w00t!

Just got my set of five 2010 ATBs from Provident Metals in the mail. I tried taking pics, but they are just way too shiny...

They look really nice, but I have to admit they remind me of those oversized novelty coins that are usually made out of copper or aluminum or something. I really like the designs, but I'm kinda wishing they weren't required to have the standard Washington quarter design on the obverse.

Pillar of the Community
United States
4484 Posts
 Posted 02/02/2012  2:12 pm  Show Profile   Check barryg's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add barryg to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
All right, I had to fiddle with a light diffuser to reduce the reflections, so they don't look quite as shiny as the do in person, but here they are (with a 2011 ATB Quarter thrown in for size comparison):

Pillar of the Community
United States
1807 Posts
 Posted 02/02/2012  6:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bizybackson to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice photo, barryg. Good deal on a good looking set. Never been disappointed by the bullion I get from Provident, got all 5 of the 2011s from them, and at least 4 of them are DMPL. You will be pleased that the vapor blasted coins will be very complementary to the bullion versions. They are different finishes, but not substantially that mixing the two will be an odd pairing. Now all you have to figure out if you will keep collecting the series and where/how to store them, if so.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1807 Posts
 Posted 02/02/2012  6:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bizybackson to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
angel2004: here a tidbit for you re the 2012 ATBs:

Quote:

Mint Stats: Interest Wanes for 5-oz Coins
By Debbie Bradley, Numismatic News
February 01, 2012

Other News & Articles
Have You Thought of Becoming a Coin Dealer?
Mint Stats: Interest Wanes for 5-oz Coins
$5 Constitution a Lesson in Commems
This article was originally printed in Numismatic News.
>> Subscribe today!
It's almost hard to remember the frenzy as collectors scurried to get the first 5 ounce America the Beautiful silver coins just two years ago. At its peak, the first five coins in the bullion series sold for nearly $5,000 a set.

It would be an exaggeration to say you can't give them away these days, but truth is the interest just isn't there.

So it wasn't surprising when U.S. Mint Deputy Director Richard A. Peterson announced recently that mintages will be dialed back for both the bullion and collector ATB 5 ounce coins in 2012.

The Mint had been producing 126,700 of the bullion coins. Petersen said the new mintage has been "penciled" in at 45,000 per bullion coin. As for numismatic collector coins, that mintage looks to be at 25,000, compared to the previous counts of 35,000.

The last three 5-counce coins of 2011 haven't sold out yet, and the first coin of 2012 is already on the market. Lower mintages seem a good idea.

And who knows, maybe that will make the numismatic coins more collectible in years to come.

From the Numismaster website:
http://numismaster.com/ta/numis/Art...icleId=24705
Pillar of the Community
United States
4484 Posts
 Posted 02/02/2012  7:13 pm  Show Profile   Check barryg's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add barryg to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Now all you have to figure out if you will keep collecting the series and where/how to store them, if so.

Whether we continue to collect the series will depend on what the costs are. At $205 (when silver is $34/ounce and rising), it's very reasonable. If the price goes back up to $279 or higher, however, it will be harder to justify.

As for storage, I have a new gun safe designed to hold 16 rifles and it's currently 75% empty...

Valued Member
United States
293 Posts
 Posted 02/02/2012  7:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add VetStudent to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Much to the dismay of many who've had a bad taste from the debut of the series....I bet these coins will be hot in the future....especially if they dial back mintages in the coming years.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4484 Posts
 Posted 02/02/2012  7:54 pm  Show Profile   Check barryg's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add barryg to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Much to the dismay of many who've had a bad taste from the debut of the series....I bet these coins will be hot in the future....especially if they dial back mintages in the coming years.

One can hope! Of course, the fact that they are each five ounces of solid silver doesn't hurt, especially at the current price.

Pillar of the Community
United States
2168 Posts
 Posted 02/02/2012  8:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add angel2004 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Bizybackson! Very interesting read!
Page: of 286 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 7.63 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05