Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Noodling Find Of The Week?

Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 66
Valued Member
Australia
266 Posts
 Posted 12/26/2019  03:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sfitzernator to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My first ever 50 cent rotation!
Australia
17 Posts
 Posted 01/16/2020  01:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add gehenna to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Found this 1984 $1 in almost uncirculated condition, was super surprised as I only ever see ones that are well worn and/ or damaged all over

Formerly nancyc
Australia
5118 Posts
 Posted 01/16/2020  5:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Nevol to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
My first ever 50 cent rotation!
Nice find!

Quote:
Found this 1984 $1 in almost uncirculated condition
Another nice one, these are normally quite beat up.

A friend is a present you give to yourself.
Nancy
Pillar of the Community
Australia
623 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2020  03:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Squire Wilson to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
...some of my recent finds whilst noodling and shopping.
The "noodling" find of interest is the Australia 2019 "V for Vegemite*" coin that appeared in the coin roll. As soon as I found this I became all patriotic and inspired to a little "creative artistic licence" with the roll of $1 coins that I was noodling through last night.
As I live in Melbourne so I added an extra coin on the location of that city. Sorry , there was not enough space on my black tablet for our beautiful Tasmania
Another recent noodling find included the 2018 Gold Coast XXI Commonwealth Games $1 coin.
And from the checkout at Aldi I received a handsome New Zealand 2 dollar coin in my change recently.

Squire

*Vegemite is a sandwich spread most peculiar to Australia. I believe it is somewhat similar (but much better tasting ) than the English Marmite!

Formerly nancyc
Australia
5118 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2020  5:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Nevol to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Squire, Just out of curiosity, what year is the New Zealand 2 dollar coin?
Nancy
Pillar of the Community
Australia
623 Posts
 Posted 01/20/2020  05:14 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Squire Wilson to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Nevol
The New Zealand $2 coin is dated 1990. I believe it is the first year of issue of this denomination NZ coin
Squire
Learn More...
United States
82222 Posts
 Posted 01/20/2020  09:32 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
...some of my recent finds whilst noodling and shopping.
Nice finds!
Formerly nancyc
Australia
5118 Posts
 Posted 01/20/2020  5:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Nevol to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
The New Zealand $2 coin is dated 1990. I believe it is the first year of issue of this denomination NZ coin
That is correct. I thought it may have been a 2002 which has a small cud (Die chip) in both 2's of the date.

Nancy
Edited by Nevol
01/20/2020 6:13 pm
Valued Member
Australia
266 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2020  10:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sfitzernator to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Cheers all and some nice finds. I am so happy to see this thread up and running again. I want to share a very important lesson I learned. On Thursday afternoon, I spoke to bank teller, who lamented the fact that they don't have time to look at coins that pass through the bank. She talked about a $1 coin from the year 2000 that "had something wrong with one of the faces" "Oh", I said "I am never ever going to find one of those". The lesson learned - Never ever say never ever. Fast forward to the very next morning (and from a different bank), I tell you no lies..........

Valued Member
Australia
266 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2020  11:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sfitzernator to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Strangely, gehenna, they are plentiful in great condition. I still put them aside, though.
Valued Member
Australia
266 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2020  11:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sfitzernator to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A couple of other finds this week....

It is always makes me wonder, and I guess we will never know - which is the rotated die, the obverse or the reverse?

Anyhow...

Valued Member
Australia
266 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2020  11:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sfitzernator to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
One for my International collection.......

Pillar of the Community
Australia
1445 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2020  7:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mr T to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice finds!

And I have no idea which die is actually the rotated one - never thought about it.
Australia
7 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2020  8:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NewAussieCollect to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Got my first 1984 5c Low Echidna(scarce) 1987 5c High Echidna(Rare) a 2014 50c Crop Circle And also a blizzaze 2014 20c. Which could be a collar engagement error? It is still being looked at by various Facebook groups and also on here. And a decent $10AA12 note. Had a pretty good week :)
1st Image left coin is the 84 Low. Right is 87 High 5c
2nd Image 2009 Partial Collar 20c
3rd Image 2014 Bizzare 20c

Learn More...
United States
14293 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2020  11:52 pm  Show Profile   Check Fuzzy317's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Fuzzy317 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
sfitzernator
One for my International collection.......

It would be very interesting to know how that 2002 German 50 Euro Cent got to your noodling coin lot.
<---- expert of nothing, student of everything. My Coin Galleries
Here is: My Want List.... to work on my: Birth Year Set

Circulating Dollar Coins ......Circulating Half Dollar Coins ...... Circulating Two Dollar Bills
Page: of 66  Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.39 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05