Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Post your new currency acquisitions!

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 259
Valued Member
United States
207 Posts
 Posted 03/09/2013  01:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Woodford to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
SilverRoosevelt I think you did alright with the notes, I checked some Heritage archives and the 1929 $5 Commerce Bank of RI in similar condition sold for $95 last year and the $20 National city bank of Cleveland sold for $80 in similar condition. Of course you didn't pay for shipping and prices have risen since last year so not a bad deal.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1034 Posts
 Posted 03/13/2013  01:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kookoox10 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's a beautiful 34 Silver Cert Star Woodford. Man, I need to get me one of these!
Valued Member
United States
207 Posts
 Posted 03/13/2013  1:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Woodford to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
kookoox10, I'd recommend getting one of those in XF+ or better condition as they seem to increase in value the most. I got mine off eBay and it commanded a price about 4 or 5 times the Buy it now price of a 1934 star $1 S.C. in VF 20 condition.
A few months ago a Gem 1934 star $1 S.C. sold for $100 less than mine on eBay! I wasn't able to win that auction and I wish I did.
So if you could get one now, go for it before these go for over a grand.

Now the last S.C. star note I need is a 53' $10 Star, those are pricey as well.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1296 Posts
 Posted 03/15/2013  5:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add EFLargeCents to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here are my four most recent acquisitions, not being a currency collector, they are all over the place. The 2006 star note I received as change, first star note I have seen in the wild, unfortunately has a small tear. The others are nicer and include:

1928 $2
1928 $20 National Banknote CH 56
1963 $1 Barr

Valued Member
United States
212 Posts
 Posted 03/15/2013  7:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jim61 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hi EFLargeCents,

Nice pickups there. You have a brown seal, a red seal and a couple of green seals, so a nice blue seal would look nice with those. Then maybe a gold seal someday.

Are you being converted to the paper side?
Pillar of the Community
United States
814 Posts
 Posted 03/15/2013  9:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add GoldenChest to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I love that National. Great pickup.
Valued Member
United States
207 Posts
 Posted 03/16/2013  01:16 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Woodford to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very solid notes Eflargecents, the Barr note looks like to be in the best shape and the margins on it are very nice.
Although my fav. would have to be the $20 National, if you look at the greenback reverse you will notice how much more deeper green the ink is than newer FRN small portrait $20s are.

I do hope you get corrupted and further delve into the dark side of collecting. You will find the allure of paper money is truly powerful.
Valued Member
United States
79 Posts
 Posted 03/17/2013  3:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add peteramadeus to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Couldn't pass this beauty up at a local shop...

Valued Member
United States
207 Posts
 Posted 03/18/2013  01:01 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Woodford to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice pickup peteramadeus, looks like VF30 condition to me. How much did you pay for it?
Valued Member
United States
212 Posts
 Posted 03/18/2013  08:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jim61 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
peteramadeus, nice large red seal. Congrats.
Valued Member
United States
79 Posts
 Posted 03/18/2013  08:37 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add peteramadeus to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Prolly a little high, $120
Pillar of the Community
United States
1296 Posts
 Posted 03/18/2013  2:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add EFLargeCents to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
jim61 & Woodford. I have toyed with the idea of collecting currency, but compared to coins, getting notes in decent enough condition is difficult and pricey. I do have an affinity for $2 notes though, and pick up nice ones when I come across them. I haven't a single large note (sans Confederate) in my collection yet either. The National is my hometown, I don't own any others, but I wanted to pick up that one!

The Barr note is uncirculated. The $2 1928 is really nice with only worn corners and no folds.
Edited by EFLargeCents
03/18/2013 2:22 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
5840 Posts
 Posted 03/20/2013  7:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add D0ubl3Eagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Picked it up over the weekend.

Valued Member
United States
212 Posts
 Posted 03/20/2013  8:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jim61 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Another nice red seal pickup. Congrats.
Edited by jim61
03/21/2013 08:22 am
Valued Member
United States
207 Posts
 Posted 03/21/2013  04:43 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Woodford to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice pickup DoubleEagle, love the greenback design on that $1, one of the first large size notes I ever got was a 1917 $1.
Page: of 259 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 3.32 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05