Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Post your new currency acquisitions!

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 237
Pillar of the Community
United States
4893 Posts
 Posted 06/11/2012  5:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add amida17 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thought these were interesting...

Pillar of the Community
United States
7540 Posts
 Posted 06/11/2012  6:19 pm  Show Profile   Check oih82w8's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add oih82w8 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am almost too ashamed to post my "common" notes compared to these GEMS.
oih82w8 = "Oh I Hate To Wait"
"I tell her coins keep me off the streets and out of the bars." Moe145
"WOO-SAA...WOo-SAa...Woo-Saa" (calm down)
"An individual who vacillates when there is need of action will find themself beyond the hope of future success."

My Virtual 7070 https://www.PCGS.com/SetRegistry/ty...album/142105
Edited by oih82w8
06/11/2012 6:21 pm
Learn More...
United States
13273 Posts
 Posted 06/16/2012  5:05 pm  Show Profile   Check Fuzzy317's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Fuzzy317 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Won in auction a few days ago, and in today's mail

1918 Large Size $1 National Currency

<---- expert of nothing, student of everything. My Coin Galleries
Here is: My Want List.... to work on my: Birth Year Set

Circulating Dollar Coins ......Circulating Half Dollar Coins ...... Circulating Two Dollar Bills
Learn More...
United States
13273 Posts
 Posted 06/25/2012  6:12 pm  Show Profile   Check Fuzzy317's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Fuzzy317 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
In today's mail

1917 $2 Large Size Red Seal Note

Circulating Dollar Coins ......Circulating Half Dollar Coins ...... Circulating Two Dollar Bills
Valued Member
United States
88 Posts
 Posted 06/26/2012  2:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jmorgan to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1922 $10 Gold Cert- First gold in my collection!

Learn More...
United States
13273 Posts
 Posted 06/26/2012  4:04 pm  Show Profile   Check Fuzzy317's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Fuzzy317 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
very nice

I haven't gotten a gold note yet, but maybe soon.

Edited by Fuzzy317
06/26/2012 4:05 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
7540 Posts
 Posted 06/26/2012  4:09 pm  Show Profile   Check oih82w8's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add oih82w8 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's not a new acquisition, but since I am going to be parting with it soon;

"An individual who vacillates when there is need of action will find themself beyond the hope of future success."

Learn More...
United States
13273 Posts
 Posted 06/26/2012  4:12 pm  Show Profile   Check Fuzzy317's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Fuzzy317 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
that black eagle looks better than mine

don't mind me asking, but why are you parting with it?

Valued Member
United States
88 Posts
 Posted 06/26/2012  10:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jmorgan to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
*Typo by me- meant 1928, not '22.
Pillar of the Community
United States
7540 Posts
 Posted 06/28/2012  2:14 pm  Show Profile   Check oih82w8's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add oih82w8 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Fuzzy,
I have about 200 "bills" that I am converting from "everything" to a "type" collection like I did with my coins, keeping the best and parting with the rest...and putting the proceeds toward my 7070.

This is my lone "Saddle Blanket".

Edited by oih82w8
06/29/2012 12:09 pm
United States
11 Posts
 Posted 06/29/2012  01:21 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Andi75 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I picked these up today when I went to get some coins. I am still getting used to collecting paper so I am still a little off on what to keep or sell/return to bank.

These are a couple of the $2 I got and an old Canadian tire voucher I have had for years and pretty much one of the oldest paper I have.

I'm so jealous of the wonderful vintage bills most of you have. I wouldn't even know where to look for one let alone afford one.

The fancy serial numbers are what really gets me confused sometimes even though I have books and the internet. I swear I stare at the bills trying to make sure I didn't miss some combination that is a keeper but I will get better so bear with me and I can always use some feedback from the experts.

Some pictures are scanned and some are taken with the camera because the fives, twenties and hundreds won't scan which sucks because the picture is not as clear.

The hundred has the "United States of America" bleeding through from the obverse and some partial serial number and the state seal. It is visible but not a thick bleed through mostly a imprint especially on the united states part.

The hundred dollar bill I was going to put away for bills but then I saw that it looked like it had some bleed through from the obverse to the reverse, 3rd printing I think. I'm really not sure if it can be seen in these pics but once I upload them here they may look better.

Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
2398 Posts
 Posted 06/29/2012  12:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DavidUK to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Some great notes there and jut a few question here (I need a little educating on US notes)

The yellow seal only apears on the Africa notes? Are they massively rare or quite affordable?

The federal reserve notes are the ones with individual locations on them, are they still issued today and whats the rarity/affordability of them?

The $500 is legal tender? I thought the largest generally circulating note was $100.

Are gold certificates worth a great deal more than silver certificates? (I am guessing the old ones are big money but the 1920's ones are affordable?)
Valued Member
United States
88 Posts
 Posted 06/29/2012  1:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jmorgan to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes the yellow only appears on North Africa notes and they are on the higher end of affordable compared to other notes from the same time.

The FRNs are the only notes issued today, so unless they're old/special they pretty much are worth face value.

It technically still is legal tender, however the last series printed was 1934, so no longer are in use. Actually, they used to have 500, 1000, 5000, and 10,000 bills back in those days in "circulation". Even a 100,000 gold certificate, but it was only used to move large amounts of money between banks.

Silver certs were 1, 5, & 10s. While Gold certs were 10s and up. So it's kind of hard to compare them, but generally speaking they are quite a lot more.
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
2398 Posts
 Posted 06/29/2012  1:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DavidUK to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks very much for the explainations... if I spend enough time on here it should all sink in :)
Pillar of the Community
United States
1298 Posts
 Posted 07/03/2012  10:14 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coinsearcher83 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@Andi75

Thanks for posting

I don't really see anything there worth keeping, out of the serial numbers anyway. Of course, the Canadian voucher is cool, and I personally would keep the new and sequential 2009 block L-N dollars, just because I like new notes..lol
Page: of 237 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 5.72 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05