Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Post Your New Currency Acquisitions!

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 301
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9712 Posts
 Posted 05/26/2019  10:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow, where is everyone?!

Nice additions, coinfun!
Pillar of the Community
United States
4444 Posts
 Posted 05/26/2019  10:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add westernsky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Why on earth would a promoter schedule a show on a major Holiday weekend?

Makes no sense to me.
Valued Member
United States
106 Posts
 Posted 05/26/2019  11:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coinfun31 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's exactly what the dealers were saying and that they may cancel Sunday but wasn't there Sunday so I don't know if it was open sunday or closed some dealers left around one already on Saturday
Learn More...
United States
72350 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
2604 Posts
 Posted 05/27/2019  12:11 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add WheatBack to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Wheat - What do you mean by "already off to a new home"?

I sold them already. Gotta sell some stuff to fund my nationals addiction.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2044 Posts
 Posted 05/27/2019  03:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Wow, where is everyone ?!

Between the Grand Prix of Monaco (Formula 1), the Indy 500 and the Coca-Cola 600, there wasn't much time left for numismatics...
Pillar of the Community
United States
1786 Posts
 Posted 05/29/2019  7:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Broken-Coin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Baltimore pick up which turned out to be not a real error but altered

I seen this note posted on Facebook and Fred mentioned it was not a genuine error & PMG wouldn't slab it, were you able to get a refund from whoever sold it to you?
Pillar of the Community
United States
3266 Posts
 Posted 05/29/2019  8:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jimbucks to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Between the Grand Prix of Monaco (Formula 1), the Indy 500 and the Coca-Cola 600, there wasn't much time left for numismatics...

You forgot to mention Mecum car auction. Did you see the 1974 Bricklin that sold for only $11k -- wow!

Edited by jimbucks
05/29/2019 8:01 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
1786 Posts
 Posted 05/29/2019  8:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Broken-Coin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I now spend most of my time on Facebook in multiple coin & currency groups, this is one of my recent posts from last week.

I didn't realize how much time it takes to download and resize photos to keep them under 300kb so I could share them here.

Quote:

After viewing this shifted black overprint for over a month in my eBay "Watch" folder I decided to go for it...

While I may have overpaid for it, it wasn't described as I expected it to be & talked myself into purchasing it...

This is Not your typical shifted Black overprint on modern $1 FRN's with the series date and signatures printed on the 2nd Printing, this series 1963 FRN was still going through transitioning from the series 1957b Silver Certificates to the series 1963 FRN...

The series date & signatures were still part of the overprinting process as noted on the face of this note, the back plate #445 was used for printing the backs on series 1957b and making this a mule reverse.
This is the 1st I've seen with this combination & included information on misaligned overprinting for both FRN's & Silver Certificates...

In Fine condition I paid over double what's listed in the FRN guide, when I factor in the S/C reverse & signatures as part of the overprinting, I'm hoping at the end of the day it was a good deal.

I received the following reply from Fred Bart saying this was the discovery of the decade, this made my day as I had some doubts on purchasing this with the BIN price.

Quote:

Frederick J. Bart Discovery of the decade! I have never seen this combination and, admittedly, until now hadn't remotely considered the possibility.

Edit: Today I received four series 1957b Silver Certificates that should grade Gem CU if submitted with the same backplate #445, I will be including X19665071A (H777) with backplate 445 with the 1963 error for a 2 Note set as both backs had been printed with the same 32 subject plate.

Will include a photos of the set together when time permits.

Edited by Broken-Coin
05/29/2019 9:18 pm
Valued Member
United States
106 Posts
 Posted 05/30/2019  05:11 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coinfun31 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice errors
Valued Member
United States
224 Posts
 Posted 05/30/2019  11:43 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CitationSquirrel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for putting in the time. The photos are greatly appreciated.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
36808 Posts
 Posted 05/30/2019  11:48 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice presentation, most appreciated!
Learn More...
United States
72350 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
1031 Posts
 Posted 06/03/2019  12:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bryan78 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice pickups everyone!
Valued Member
United States
334 Posts
 Posted 06/03/2019  7:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add harley1960 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
hi, I just addded this $2 1928F note to my collection

Page: of 301 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.09 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05