Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Post Your New Currency Acquisitions!

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 307
Valued Member
United States
124 Posts
 Posted 07/10/2019  12:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coinfun31 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
AN holder I put the note into a holder that I brought from Chinese seller on ebay looks almost like a real graded mote
Pillar of the Community
United States
2132 Posts
 Posted 07/10/2019  02:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
this is my second fake error from two different dealers

Sorry to hear. At this point it might be prudent to start buying errors already graded and authenticated.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
37930 Posts
 Posted 07/10/2019  11:22 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's good advice. I pretty much trust myself on raw notes in general, but not on errors. I fell for one of those chemically-treated "yellow seal" USN's many moons ago.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2132 Posts
 Posted 07/10/2019  6:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I casually collect Florida Obsoletes and I spotted a note recently in the Heritage Weekly auction that I thought would fit nicely into my collection. It is now the lowest graded note I own, and it compliments a sheet I bought several years ago.

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
37930 Posts
 Posted 07/10/2019  6:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A scholar's find for sure.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9799 Posts
 Posted 07/11/2019  12:48 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Those are very interesting indeed. I feel like the backs of all of them were done with a very early version of the Spirograph.
Valued Member
United States
124 Posts
 Posted 07/11/2019  06:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coinfun31 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice sheet love the art
Valued Member
Canada
81 Posts
 Posted 07/11/2019  09:58 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Lakeman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Coinfun31 and anyone else... What would you normally do if a Dealer sold you a fake? Would you try and confront them or is it always buyer beware, even from a dealer? Maybe not the right forum to ask..
Pillar of the Community
United States
2132 Posts
 Posted 07/11/2019  11:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
What would you normally do if a Dealer sold you a fake?

Typically I would have this discussion BEFORE purchasing. The dealers I buy from would, A) Not have a fake, or B) Be just as surprised as me and refund the purchase price and grading fees.

Valued Member
United States
124 Posts
 Posted 07/11/2019  1:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coinfun31 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My first fake I brought from a local dealer that I know so he told me I can keep it and buy something else with that money the second I will try to take it to the dealer at baltimore or if I see him at Chicago show
Valued Member
United States
124 Posts
 Posted 07/11/2019  1:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coinfun31 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I will be taking a break from errors and focus on regular notes
Learn More...
United States
73436 Posts
 Posted 07/11/2019  2:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I casually collect Florida Obsoletes and I spotted a note recently in the Heritage Weekly auction that I thought would fit nicely into my collection. It is now the lowest graded note I own, and it compliments a sheet I bought several years ago.
Excellent!
United States
5 Posts
 Posted 07/11/2019  3:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add newbie2b to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
First pic upload so go easy on the new guy. Opinions on this serial being fancy enough? Nice note overall, crisp, has a wallet fold but not creased.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
37930 Posts
 Posted 07/11/2019  6:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry, nothing too fancy about this one.

to the Paper Money Forum!
Pillar of the Community
United States
2132 Posts
 Posted 07/14/2019  04:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Found in the wild and kept. A Tongue-Twister for your eyes.

Page: of 307 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.83 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05