Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Post Your New Currency Acquisitions!

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 318
Pillar of the Community
United States
2256 Posts
 Posted 08/24/2019  10:05 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The title of this thread is Post Your New Currency Acquisitions.

This was actually one of my first purchases or a gift or maybe I won it in a contest...I'm not entirely sure. What I do know is it's the only 1969C $5 note I own and it's not fancy or rare or a star or expensive and if I would have bought it raw it would still be not graded. It's so fantastically random I thought I would ask here to see if someone sees something I don't.

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
40379 Posts
 Posted 08/24/2019  10:43 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not I, said the frog.
Valued Member
United States
139 Posts
 Posted 08/25/2019  01:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coinfun31 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Back ftom grading

Pillar of the Community
United States
2256 Posts
 Posted 08/25/2019  08:09 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice additions coinfun. A 5 note run of consecutive 1976 $2 star notes.

I'm guessing these were held captive for almost a year before being graded and returned.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
40379 Posts
 Posted 08/25/2019  3:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice lot for sure. First batch of Legacy notes I've seen.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2256 Posts
 Posted 08/26/2019  02:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Predicting future rarities is best left to the pros but I like trying my hand at this by viewing totals. This chart indicates the JF* with 640K printed as the lowest. PMG shows 9 graded. The chart also shows the JK-B with 6.4M printed. PMG has graded 0 of these. Why the difference ? Everyone is looking for stars.

The JC-B also shows 6.4M printed with 0 graded at PMG. I know it's very possible that several collectors have these notes but don't consider them candidates for grading. With that being said, the only value in having something nobody else has is having something everyone wants. I'm still searching for an UNC example of the JC-B.

I'm a weirdo and here's my JK-B note.

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
40379 Posts
 Posted 08/26/2019  09:09 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Interesting analysis as usual!
Valued Member
United States
360 Posts
 Posted 08/26/2019  11:48 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add harley1960 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
hi, I just got these obsolete bank notes in the mail this morning, adding them to my collection, I just love the art they used to use.

Valued Member
United States
426 Posts
 Posted 08/26/2019  1:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CitationSquirrel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow, Harley. Those are some nice new additions.
Learn More...
United States
76200 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
2256 Posts
 Posted 08/28/2019  04:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice group of Remainders harley.

Why the BEP waited 20 years after introducing 1976 $2 FRNs to the public is a mystery to me. Series 1995 $2 FRNs are a very short series. Printed in late 1996 for four months and limited to the Atlanta District exclusively. Special low serial numbered star notes were printed for all 12 districts and released for collectors, but none for circulation. Block F-A is relatively easy find but not so much for the F-B block.

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
40379 Posts
 Posted 08/28/2019  09:30 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Never knew about that!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1090 Posts
 Posted 08/28/2019  10:24 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BadDog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Why the BEP waited 20 years after introducing 1976 $2 FRNs to the public is a mystery to me.

IMHO it's really not that much of a mystery. As you know, the BEP prints currency in response to Federal Reserve orders. Demand for deuces is pretty low (pretty much nonexistent) so the Fed didn't order any more for 20 years after the flood of bicentennial notes released (575M 1976 notes printed. The average order size since then has been about 160M notes and the latest order in 2019 was for 153.6M notes).

The last of the $2 LTNs were delivered to the Fed in July 1965 (and less than 4M notes were printed), so there was an 11 year break before they ordered the 1976 FRNs. A 20 year break after such a large order seems pretty reasonable to me.
Valued Member
United States
426 Posts
 Posted 08/28/2019  10:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CitationSquirrel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Good info. Thanks Steve.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10012 Posts
 Posted 08/28/2019  12:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The 1995 deuce I have in my type set is an FA. And looking at my spreadsheet, I still need to add a 1995 deuce star. Hmmmm... This should be a relatively easy series to "complete" as it would only take 5 notes.
Page: of 318 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.14 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05