Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Post Your New Currency Acquisitions!

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 321
Pillar of the Community
United States
2294 Posts
 Posted 09/19/2019  04:26 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice addition coinfun31. One of the last LT's printed.

Deep down in someone's basement is a printing press, Mylar holders, a heat sealing machine and a seemingly endless supply of Perfect notes. Almost every note encapsulated by the Currency Evaluation Company (CEC) is a perfect 70. I've seen these on eBay for years and get a chuckle every time I see one. I finally decided to buy one just to say I have one. The holder is thinner and slightly smaller than top tier holders but its distinct bright yellow label is hard to miss. In all actuality, this note is most likely a 65 or 66 note but for now it's my perfect $1 FRN. Don't try this at home kids.

Edited by SteveInTampa
09/19/2019 05:46 am
Valued Member
United States
497 Posts
 Posted 09/19/2019  10:39 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CitationSquirrel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I got my first fractional note in the mail the other day.

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
41293 Posts
 Posted 09/19/2019  11:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Steve - I've seen these as well. Is the company still around, or when do these holders date to?

SC - Nice fractional. Gotta love that Spinner sig!
Pillar of the Community
United States
2642 Posts
 Posted 09/19/2019  4:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add WheatBack to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I had an old 1934 FRN $10 in one of those CEC holders. Sold it to someone, they sent it for grading, and it came back from PMG a 65 epq. So not too bad, but definitely not a 70.
Learn More...
United States
77182 Posts
 Posted 09/19/2019  4:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
New arrivals

Quote:
I got my first fractional note in the mail the other day.
Excellent!

Quote:
Deep down in someone's basement is a printing press, Mylar holders, a heat sealing machine and a seemingly endless supply of Perfect notes. Almost every note encapsulated by the Currency Evaluation Company (CEC) is a perfect 70. I've seen these on eBay for years and get a chuckle every time I see one. I finally decided to buy one just to say I have one. The holder is thinner and slightly smaller than top tier holders but its distinct bright yellow label is hard to miss. In all actuality, this note is most likely a 65 or 66 note but for now it's my perfect $1 FRN. Don't try this at home kids.
Very interesting.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
41293 Posts
 Posted 09/21/2019  6:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Latest addition to the Large Type Set. This is FR-30, bearing the Bruce/Wyman sig combo, and would have been printed between mid-1883 and mid-1885. Fairly common note, but less so in high grades as expected.

Valued Member
United States
497 Posts
 Posted 09/22/2019  10:06 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CitationSquirrel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That is a sweet old Washington coinfrog.
Learn More...
United States
77182 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
2294 Posts
 Posted 09/23/2019  3:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Super nice Mr.Frog.
I used to call this a red seal but online descriptions call it brown.

When a series ends, I look for printing anomaly's of short print runs for regular circulating notes. The 2013 $1 FRN's have a few and one of them is the Chicago G-I block. Only 12.8M were printed so I set out to find one. After almost a year, I located one. From a forum member over at PMF, this arrived today.

Edited by SteveInTampa
09/23/2019 6:06 pm
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
41293 Posts
 Posted 09/23/2019  6:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Are there stars for this block? Assuming not.

As you know, my scanner washes out colors without fussing around each time, which isn't worth it. The seal on this version is certainly closer to brown than red, and in hand is fairly rich. Outside of the Rainbow, this is my favorite Large USN Ace.
Edited by Coinfrog
09/23/2019 6:25 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
2294 Posts
 Posted 09/23/2019  7:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Are there stars for this block?

Yes, 2013 $1 Chicago star notes had 3 runs totaling over 10M notes.
Learn More...
United States
77182 Posts
Valued Member
United States
367 Posts
 Posted 09/24/2019  6:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add harley1960 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
hi, I got these 1953C and 1963 red seal $2 notes all uncirculated, in the mail this weekend, from my aunt , she said my uncle(john), he wanted me to have them,he passed 2 months ago.thank you, uncle john.

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
41293 Posts
 Posted 09/24/2019  6:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry for your loss. Some nice-looking notes here!
Valued Member
United States
367 Posts
 Posted 09/24/2019  6:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add harley1960 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
thanks, Coinfrog
Page: of 321  Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.15 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05