Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Post Your New Currency Acquisitions!

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 323
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
42093 Posts
 Posted 10/15/2019  1:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Is there a reference work on MPC's?
Learn More...
United States
78214 Posts
 Posted 10/15/2019  1:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
hi, I have always wanted to start collecting military certificate for a while now, and I just added these to my collection today.
Very nice!
Valued Member
United States
375 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
42093 Posts
 Posted 10/15/2019  4:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you, sir.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2321 Posts
 Posted 10/16/2019  08:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My latest addition is an elusive 1995 $5 Boston replacement note.

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
42093 Posts
 Posted 10/16/2019  08:55 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Beautiful. How elusive is this note?
Learn More...
United States
78214 Posts
 Posted 10/16/2019  09:17 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
My latest addition is an elusive 1995 $5 Boston replacement note.
Excellent!
Pillar of the Community
United States
588 Posts
 Posted 10/16/2019  10:14 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CitationSquirrel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice Fiver Steve!
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
2436 Posts
 Posted 10/16/2019  11:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DavidUK to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have another one of those Exposition tickets on the way.

Interesting thread... Thanks for the link. I probably won't complete the set but just the better looking ones.

Great woodchopper Mr Frog. One of my favourite US note types.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
42093 Posts
 Posted 10/19/2019  6:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Picked this up recently for my FRBN set. The Minneapolis $10 had a low print run of only 588K, but most were not released until WWII so they are still fairly plentiful today in high grades.

Pillar of the Community
United States
2321 Posts
 Posted 10/20/2019  1:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice addition Mr.Frog.

I see a lot of new collectors refer to these as Nationals because of the lettering just below the upper margin.
Learn More...
United States
78214 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
42093 Posts
 Posted 10/21/2019  12:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Public hoarding of currency amid the bank failure crisis in the early 1930s created a rapidly growing need for additional currency. Since the BEP had a considerable supply of National Bank Note paper stock on hand, these were modified slightly and then issued as FRBNs in an effort to expedite the cash infusion. As it happened, the crisis passed quickly and a good portion of these notes were not finally issued until WWII. So, in effect, they are "built on the same platform" as National Bank Notes, but are an entirely different type of instrument.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2321 Posts
 Posted 10/22/2019  03:18 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've slowly started filling in some holes in my small-size $1 Silver Certificate collection. I bought this from a friend on a different forum. This series was printed in the early 1960's.

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
42093 Posts
 Posted 10/22/2019  09:44 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Beautiful example!
Page: of 323 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.8 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05