Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Post Your New Currency Acquisitions!

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 330
Pillar of the Community
United States
896 Posts
 Posted 12/11/2019  06:46 am  Show Profile   Check CalzoneManiac's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add CalzoneManiac to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I might add them as well.
Currently interested in buying 1957 and earlier Russian and Soviet coins. Let me know if you have any and we can hook up a deal!
Pillar of the Community
United States
896 Posts
 Posted 12/15/2019  12:53 am  Show Profile   Check CalzoneManiac's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add CalzoneManiac to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My note came in the mail today.

Currently interested in buying 1957 and earlier Russian and Soviet coins. Let me know if you have any and we can hook up a deal!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
44791 Posts
 Posted 12/15/2019  09:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I hope that sticker is not on the note!
Pillar of the Community
United States
896 Posts
 Posted 12/15/2019  10:25 am  Show Profile   Check CalzoneManiac's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add CalzoneManiac to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I hope that sticker is not on the note!

The sticker is on the holder only, thankfully.
Learn More...
United States
82429 Posts
United States
15 Posts
 Posted 12/19/2019  03:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add PJx1024 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here's one I recently picked up. It's a counterfeit 1928A $10 FRN. You can tell it's the wrong kind of paper, it feels too thick and brittle.

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
44791 Posts
 Posted 12/19/2019  2:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very interesting, thanks!
Pillar of the Community
United States
896 Posts
 Posted 12/19/2019  2:44 pm  Show Profile   Check CalzoneManiac's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add CalzoneManiac to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
$10 in 1929 would have been worth about $150 today, so clearly there was some incentive to counterfeit. Interesting piece.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4905 Posts
 Posted 12/19/2019  4:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add westernsky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wonderful contemporary counterfeit. Nice!
Pillar of the Community
United States
2477 Posts
 Posted 12/19/2019  5:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Wonderful contemporary counterfeit. Nice!

I have to agree. I've never bought one but my brother knows I collect paper money and sent me one he ran into at work. Some members on a different forum told me it was unlawful just own a counterfeit, but I know different. I think I've shown this here before.

Edited by SteveInTampa
12/19/2019 5:57 pm
United States
15 Posts
 Posted 12/20/2019  12:24 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add PJx1024 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks everyone. That's a cool note too, SteveInTampa. I like to imagine the story behind these. Dye pack bank robbery notes are legal to own too, I've been tempted to buy one.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4141 Posts
 Posted 12/20/2019  08:11 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add scopru to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have a 2013 $20 that was recently received as payment where I work. My boss gave it to me as she knows I collect. In a rush at a busy store, I can see how it would not raise any concern and put in the cash drawer without a second thought. Always interesting to see counterfeits.
ANA member: 3178122
NTCA member: 10118
Learn More...
United States
82429 Posts
 Posted 12/20/2019  6:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Here's one I recently picked up. It's a counterfeit 1928A $10 FRN. You can tell it's the wrong kind of paper, it feels too thick and brittle.

Very interesting.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1143 Posts
 Posted 12/21/2019  08:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BadDog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Some members on a different forum told me it was unlawful just own a counterfeit, but I know different. I think I've shown this here before.

From the BEPs website
Quote:
Possession of counterfeit United States obligations with fraudulent intent is a violation of Title 18, Section 472 of the United States Code and is punishable by a fine of up to $15,000, or 15 years imprisonment, or both.
Edited by BadDog
12/21/2019 08:43 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
896 Posts
 Posted 12/21/2019  2:14 pm  Show Profile   Check CalzoneManiac's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add CalzoneManiac to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Emphasis on "fraudulent intent". Owning one for your collection is fine and dandy, but don't try to pass it off as authentic.
Page: of 330 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 2.17 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05