Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Post Your New Currency Acquisitions!

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 5,063 / Views: 349,270Next Topic
Page: of 338
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10499 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2020  10:05 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow, Wheat. That is a good-looking note and quite a rarity!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
48936 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2020  10:24 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Staggering note, Wheat!
Valued Member
United States
92 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2020  11:08 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add captaincoffee to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice note! Do you collect by type or by bank or State, or just as an overall cool note? I've stayed away from the National Bank Notes because I'm afraid to go down the rabbit hole of all the various options.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2701 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2020  11:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add WheatBack to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Nice note! Do you collect by type or by bank or State, or just as an overall cool note? I've stayed away from the National Bank Notes because I'm afraid to go down the rabbit hole of all the various options.

Good question. There are certainly many ways to collect these notes. Collect by name (i.e A-Z), collect one from every states, collect by town, state, type etc etc. I personally collect by state, and my state is Virginia. I try to go for nice original notes with great signatures, but depending on rarity, this sometimes isn't possible and you just take what you can get. I like these because you can own something local to where you grew up or where you live and sometimes you can still find the original bank building standing in these towns. Very cool!
Pillar of the Community
United States
2729 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2020  4:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice addition Wheat. Love the 1902 red seals and those signatures (stamped) are wild.
Learn More...
United States
87820 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
625 Posts
 Posted 06/01/2020  7:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cashhound to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm not sure why I bought this note. The only thing I can think of is that it is the first uncirculated series 2017 note in my collection. Not bad for 25 bucks (shipped).

Learn More...
United States
87820 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Canada
942 Posts
 Posted 06/02/2020  4:32 pm  Show Profile   Check walk2dwater's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add walk2dwater to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I'm not sure why I bought this note... The only thing I can think of is that it is the first uncirculated series 2017

-nice repeating serial number though ... (& they're always tough to find)
United States
15 Posts
 Posted 06/03/2020  11:11 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Pager to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I just got these in today.

2017 UNC $10 USD 00755700 awesome serial number.

1988 UNC $1 USD 00677600* I seen this one about two hours later (from the one above) and had to have it.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2729 Posts
 Posted 06/03/2020  11:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice additions @Pager, congratulations.
Learn More...
United States
87820 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Canada
942 Posts
 Posted 06/03/2020  9:17 pm  Show Profile   Check walk2dwater's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add walk2dwater to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
-the star replacement $1 double-whammy radar is an eye candy treat. Great additions "Paper" & welcome to CCF!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
624 Posts
 Posted 06/03/2020  9:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mtuma3 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very Nice - I really like the radar star note...
Mark
ANA Member
Official Snowbird! Illinois in Summer, Somewhere warm in Winter
My7070
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
48936 Posts
 Posted 06/04/2020  7:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Recent pick-up from a tough Richmond, VA bank - only 19 notes known, all large, according to T&P - this new to the census. I would grade it VF-25.

Page: of 338 Previous TopicReplies: 5,063 / Views: 349,270Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 7.58 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05