Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Post Your New Currency Acquisitions!

First page | Previous Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 5,125 / Views: 358,276Next Topic
Page: of 342
Pillar of the Community
697 Posts
 Posted 09/15/2020  6:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ckrakowski to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here is the tear.

Here is the staining.

But like I said the serial number more than makes up for it and I am happy with it.
Valued Member
United States
199 Posts
 Posted 09/18/2020  8:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add captaincoffee to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not my most exciting note to be honest, but I purchased this FR1341 as an inexpensive way to show the different reverse from my FR1334.

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4440 Posts
 Posted 09/19/2020  06:34 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add scopru to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not exciting? MY friend they are all exciting in some form or fashion. I like the add
Member: ANA and NGC
My Want list: http://goccf.com/t/188411
Valued Member
United States
199 Posts
 Posted 09/19/2020  09:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add captaincoffee to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Probably a poor word choice on my part. It will be more "exciting" for me when I get the red back.
Learn More...
United States
91109 Posts
 Posted 09/21/2020  11:31 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Not my most exciting note to be honest, but I purchased this FR1341 as an inexpensive way to show the different reverse from my FR1334.
Very nice!

Quote:
MY friend they are all exciting in some form or fashion.

Quote:
Probably a poor word choice on my part. It will be more "exciting" for me when I get the red back.
Valued Member
United States
199 Posts
 Posted 10/01/2020  7:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add captaincoffee to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Replacing a note I have in much poorer condition. XF note due to three folds but looks close to AU in the holder IMHO. Really happy with this one.

It is either Fr1301 or Fr1302. Maybe my eyes are going, but I can't figure out if any of my 4th series fractionals are watermarked or not watermarked paper varieties. If anyone can tell me what to look for specifically, I'd certainly appreciate it.
Edited by captaincoffee
10/01/2020 7:07 pm
Valued Member
United States
54 Posts
 Posted 10/01/2020  7:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MvleMO55 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very Nice!
Pillar of the Community
United States
2496 Posts
 Posted 10/01/2020  9:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Captain Coffee the Spinner and 25 cent washington are both very nice! I especially like the washington. Which ones are you missing?
Learn More...
United States
91109 Posts
 Posted 10/02/2020  10:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Replacing a note I have in much poorer condition. XF note due to three folds but looks close to AU in the holder IMHO. Really happy with this one.
Excellent!
Valued Member
United States
199 Posts
 Posted 10/02/2020  6:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add captaincoffee to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Which ones are you missing?

I'd like to get every visually different version, which to me includes long key vs. short key, different color backs, and a few other things. It doesn't include what I'd call typeset differences like various reverse overprints (18-63, 18-63-1, 18-63-T-1, etc.) or "1" or "a" on the bill. It is totally arbitrary, but that's my prerogative. In terms of what I'd like to eventually have in my collection, I'm missing the following:

First issue: perforated versions of the four denominations
Second issue: 50 cent note (been looking for 8 years)
Third issue: Justice green back note and red back versions of the other denominations
Fourth issue: Lincoln 50 cent note (I'm just cheap and can't pull the trigger)

I'd also like to replace a couple notes. For instance, I have every Fr in the 5th issue, but my Fr1308 (long key version) "needs" to be upgraded.
Page: of 342 Previous TopicReplies: 5,125 / Views: 358,276Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.78 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05