Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Post Your New Currency Acquisitions!

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 5,189 / Views: 367,738Next Topic
Page: of 346
Valued Member
United States
252 Posts
 Posted 11/29/2020  12:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add captaincoffee to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I didn't see it as bragging. It is a thread for posting banknotes after all. It isn't like I posted a note and you posted right after with a nicer version just to one up. You are one of the most helpful people on this entire site.
Valued Member
United States
57 Posts
 Posted 11/29/2020  12:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MvleMO55 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Gorgeous notes Coinfrog!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1543 Posts
 Posted 11/29/2020  12:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Gincoin43 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Woodchoppers have always been a favorite.

Not a big fan of notes, but those are neat
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
53493 Posts
 Posted 12/01/2020  11:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks guys. Love the CCF.
Learn More...
United States
94180 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
2976 Posts
 Posted 12/01/2020  3:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice pair of Choppers Bruce. The note has everything you'd want on a note, - a presidential portrait, a center vignette that tells a story, intricate scroll work, Roman numerals, bright red seal and serial numbers and it's even got a dog.
Valued Member
United States
252 Posts
 Posted 12/03/2020  3:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add captaincoffee to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A note I've wanted for a while and completes my set of the three reverses of these notes. The red back was the original issue. I really wanted a hand signature as well as my other notes of this type are printed signatures.

Learn More...
United States
94180 Posts
 Posted 12/03/2020  3:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
A note I've wanted for a while and completes my set of the three reverses of these notes.
Excellent!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
53493 Posts
 Posted 12/03/2020  4:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice, Cap'n.
Valued Member
United States
252 Posts
 Posted 12/03/2020  4:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add captaincoffee to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
These are the three reverses if anyone is interested. Sorry it looks a little weird with different backgrounds but I'm too lazy to rescan. My third note (Fr1341) is not really up to par with the other two notes, but I have plenty of other things to work on before I circle back to that.

Edited by captaincoffee
12/03/2020 4:32 pm
Learn More...
United States
94180 Posts
Valued Member
United States
249 Posts
 Posted 12/04/2020  7:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 1796NoPole to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
3 coupons from Fr. 203 1863 $50 IBN. Two year interest bearing notes were printed in varieties with or without coupons, and I believe this is the only surviving issued example of the former. If the note were still attached, it would also have minor differences from the known Fr. 203s such as the Mike Coltrane example sold last month. Getting certified at FUN.

Pillar of the Community
Canada
535 Posts
 Posted 12/04/2020  7:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Cdncoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There's so many beautiful and interesting notes in this thread. Thanks for sharing everyone!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
53493 Posts
 Posted 12/04/2020  7:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
most interesting, thanks.
Valued Member
United States
252 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2020  09:48 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add captaincoffee to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@1796NoPole, I have never seen those before...and I'm no spring chicken. Thanks for posting.
Page: of 346 Previous TopicReplies: 5,189 / Views: 367,738Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.31 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05