Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Post your new currency acquisitions!

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 236
Pillar of the Community
United States
1034 Posts
 Posted 07/27/2012  3:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kookoox10 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@Fuzzy317
Usually a smaller size indicates a trimming. Especially if the edges are rough or yellowing/browning occurs. It makes the note more appealing, and on some online auctions, it's deceptive because buyers think that seller's crop their photos too tight.
United States
21 Posts
 Posted 07/28/2012  10:16 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MrPaper to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
These are my two most latest. The 100 I posted in another thread but the 10 I got back as change at a pizza place named Tates in Tampa. I was pretty surprised to get that in circulation. Its dated 1969

Edited by MrPaper
07/28/2012 10:20 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
1034 Posts
 Posted 07/28/2012  11:27 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kookoox10 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@MrPaper
Nice finds, especially the 69, the small head notes are a keeper in my book unless it's a rag or worse. The 100's are still plentiful to find, the fives and tens are tougher to get. Keep it searching!
Valued Member
United States
486 Posts
 Posted 07/29/2012  12:37 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add The Bill Collector to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
"Bill Collector,
the 25 Cent Note is 1 13/16 by 3 3/4 inches. What should it be, and does a difference in size indicate something"

It would tell you if the note was messed with or not, ( trimmed ) I'm not sure what it should be as I sold my reference book when I sold my collection. But it looks real "tight" on the left side. I'm sure that someone on the forum will know what the size should be and let us know.
Bill Collector
Learn More...
United States
13263 Posts
 Posted 07/29/2012  12:55 am  Show Profile   Check Fuzzy317's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Fuzzy317 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks, I searched the web last night, and could only find size of a different denomination. I have ordered some other fractional notes, and they should be here Wednesday or Thursday.
<---- expert of nothing, student of everything. My Coin Galleries
Here is: My Want List.... to work on my: Birth Year Set

Circulating Dollar Coins ......Circulating Half Dollar Coins ...... Circulating Two Dollar Bills
Edited by Fuzzy317
07/29/2012 12:56 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
3551 Posts
 Posted 07/30/2012  02:14 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Joe2007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice Colonial Dave L and keep the fractionals coming fuzzy!
Edited by Joe2007
07/30/2012 02:15 am
Learn More...
United States
13263 Posts
 Posted 08/02/2012  07:46 am  Show Profile   Check Fuzzy317's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Fuzzy317 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Got other fractional notes yesterday. I tried taking pictures at work, but I decided to retake them at home. Here are my fractional notes.

3 Cents - 3rd issue

5 Cents - 3rd issue

10 Cents - 2nd issue

15 Cents - 4th issue

25 Cents - 4th issue

50 Cents - 5th issue

Circulating Dollar Coins ......Circulating Half Dollar Coins ...... Circulating Two Dollar Bills
Valued Member
United States
264 Posts
 Posted 08/02/2012  1:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rgathright to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@Fuzzy317, those some great looking fractional notes.

May I ask how you acquire these?
Learn More...
United States
13263 Posts
 Posted 08/02/2012  6:33 pm  Show Profile   Check Fuzzy317's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Fuzzy317 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
the 25 cent I won through an auction at propertyroom.com
and that sparked an interest, so bought the others from Coast to Coast Coin & Currency

Edited by Fuzzy317
08/02/2012 6:36 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
4512 Posts
 Posted 08/03/2012  2:18 pm  Show Profile   Check barryg's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add barryg to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
All right, I just picked up this Series 1917 Two Dollar Legal Tender Note on my lunch break:

The dealer had it listed as AU condition but, since it wasn't professionally graded, I'll take that with a grain of salt. Still, I don't see any obvious problems with it -- no creases, no stains, no pinholes, etc.

He was asking $250 for it, so I asked if he'd be willing to take $200 cash for it. He agreed immediately, so I figure it's probably only "really" worth around $100-150. I'm happy with it, though, and it will make a nice addition to my small large bill collection.

BTW, does anybody else think the design on the back resembles a giant eyeball, or is it just me?

My Coin & Currency Collection
(Dansco 7070 and 8100 albums, Proof Type Set, U.S. Currency Type Set & Foreign Bullion Collection)
Edited by barryg
08/03/2012 2:24 pm
Learn More...
United States
13263 Posts
 Posted 08/03/2012  7:20 pm  Show Profile   Check Fuzzy317's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Fuzzy317 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
that looks very nice
much better than mine

and now that you mention it, the back does look like an eyeball.

Edited by Fuzzy317
08/03/2012 7:21 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
3551 Posts
 Posted 08/12/2012  01:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Joe2007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Picked this up recently .... sorry for the lousy pictures.

Pillar of the Community
United States
5840 Posts
 Posted 08/12/2012  8:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add D0ubl3Eagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@Fuzzy & Joe: Very nice fractionals!
@Barryg: That's a very nice deuce and a lot better than my example.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1034 Posts
 Posted 08/17/2012  3:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kookoox10 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Amazing fractionals, that $2 is in really great shape and thought you paid the market for that, so not a bad buy in my estimation. $250 I would have felt a little bad.

I have a 1928 $20 FRN Chicago Numeral note I just picked up online a couple days ago. I'm going to post that bad boy on here as soon as I get it.
Valued Member
United Arab Emirates
242 Posts
 Posted 08/20/2012  07:55 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add James4444 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very fabulous notes you have guys!

Wish I had them ALL!!

Cheers
Page: of 236 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.88 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05