Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Post your new currency acquisitions!

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 259
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
616 Posts
 Posted 08/20/2012  4:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add starbuxinvestor to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My first note.

Valued Member
United States
486 Posts
 Posted 08/20/2012  5:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add The Bill Collector to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's a very nice looking 1934-D $ 5.00 SC, a real keeper.
And you don't need to have it graded to see that it's a very nice note. Stick with notes like this and use the money you saved on grading to buy more notes like that fiver.
Bill Collector
Pillar of the Community
United States
1034 Posts
 Posted 08/21/2012  12:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kookoox10 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree, that $5 is an exceptional piece. Very nice acquisition!
Pillar of the Community
United States
651 Posts
 Posted 08/24/2012  4:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mackwork to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My first entry into the world of old US paper money.

Edited by mackwork
08/24/2012 4:07 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
3559 Posts
 Posted 08/25/2012  8:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Joe2007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice note mackwork!

I purchased similar note for my collection today, has a few more folds than your but still a nice addition!
Pillar of the Community
United States
651 Posts
 Posted 08/25/2012  9:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mackwork to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Joe2007. I really like these old notes. Time to take a break from coins!
Valued Member
Canada
497 Posts
 Posted 08/25/2012  10:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add west- canuk to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice vignette , is that a humble Columbus soaking up the praise of his crew after the discovery of America ?
Pillar of the Community
United States
651 Posts
 Posted 08/26/2012  06:05 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mackwork to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Nice vignette , is that a humble Columbus soaking up the praise of his crew after the discovery of America ?

Yep - that's a scene from the painting "Columbus's Discovery of Land"
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
616 Posts
 Posted 08/29/2012  09:02 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add starbuxinvestor to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I just got this off Ebay last night.

Pillar of the Community
United States
651 Posts
 Posted 08/29/2012  10:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mackwork to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice grade on that 1923!
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
616 Posts
 Posted 08/29/2012  10:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add starbuxinvestor to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks. At least at the moment I am trying to only buy higher grade stuff with good paper quality to start off my collection. From watching prices on various auctions I think I did pretty well on this one. I wouldn't mind picking up some lesser quality notes for framing between 2 panes of glass as display pieces. Anyway I think I am off to a good start.
Pillar of the Community
United States
651 Posts
 Posted 08/29/2012  10:50 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mackwork to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm going for the better quality uncertified bills and I'd also like to frame them. I've got a certed Black Eagle here, but no pictures yet.
Pillar of the Community
United States
651 Posts
 Posted 08/29/2012  3:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mackwork to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not the greatest pictures of mine.....

1899 Black Eagle $1 silver certificate:

Traders Bank of Richmond, VA - circa 1860. Vignette of slave picking cotton at left. Portrait of bank president at center. Young woman reclines by spinning wheel at right. The reverse on these is blank.

Traders Bank notes are actually restrikes. Shortly before the civil war the bank ordered these to be printed for them by the American Bank Note Company. The plates were made and ordered, but with the civil war started ABNC (in the north) decided it could not supply the notes to a southern bank, and they were never printed. In the 1960s or 70s the plate was sold by the ABNC. The buyer had an old time printer make prints from the original plate with a screw press. These restrikes are easily available at a low price ($5 for my $20 note). I thought the history was interesting and worth $5 to have one.

Pillar of the Community
United States
651 Posts
 Posted 09/04/2012  10:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mackwork to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Added a couple more large notes last week.....

1907 $5 Woodchopper - one of my favorite designs

1923 Silver

And a couple small fractional notes.

1862-63 Postal

Pillar of the Community
United States
651 Posts
 Posted 09/10/2012  5:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mackwork to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Last week's acquisitions.....

My favorite design. Someone in the past had tried to disguise some of the folds with a pen, thus the apparent rating, but it's barely noticeable, plus it made the lower price a bit easier to justify to myself!

Page: of 259 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.87 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05