Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Post your new currency acquisitions!

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 238
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
616 Posts
 Posted 09/21/2012  10:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add starbuxinvestor to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I was very surprised I got it at $124. My RedBook has it valued at $195 for UNC 63.
Valued Member
United States
486 Posts
 Posted 09/21/2012  11:20 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add The Bill Collector to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great,
I've seen them go for $ 175. to $ 225. in that condition.
Bill Collector
Edited by The Bill Collector
09/21/2012 11:21 am
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
616 Posts
 Posted 09/21/2012  11:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add starbuxinvestor to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am more use to over paying so this was a pleasant surprise.
Valued Member
United States
486 Posts
 Posted 09/21/2012  11:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add The Bill Collector to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's a nice note, Don't forget, the "book" price is only a guide, many times you will see notes sell for more and of course sometimes for less.
Bill Collector
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
616 Posts
 Posted 09/25/2012  6:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add starbuxinvestor to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My first Lime Seal

Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
616 Posts
 Posted 10/24/2012  3:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add starbuxinvestor to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just arrived in the mail.

Pillar of the Community
United States
4516 Posts
 Posted 10/24/2012  3:19 pm  Show Profile   Check barryg's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add barryg to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Just arrived in the mail.

Sweet! I just bought one of those off eBay, but not nearly as nice as yours.

My Coin & Currency Collection
(Dansco 7070 and 8100 albums, Proof Type Set, U.S. Currency Type Set & Foreign Bullion Collection)
Valued Member
United States
486 Posts
 Posted 10/25/2012  12:31 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add The Bill Collector to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just received a few of the new 2009 $ 2.00 FRN's
Bill Collector

Pillar of the Community
United States
4516 Posts
 Posted 10/26/2012  4:07 pm  Show Profile   Check barryg's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add barryg to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My first ever $10 bill (well, the first one purchased for my collection, at least):

I just really, really love the large size notes with the fancy artwork on them. Wish I could afford to buy more of them (and in better grades)...

My Coin & Currency Collection
(Dansco 7070 and 8100 albums, Proof Type Set, U.S. Currency Type Set & Foreign Bullion Collection)
United States
16 Posts
 Posted 10/26/2012  9:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add AldousHxlE to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
First time poster, so I thought I'd start off with my latest additions. First, I stopped by my local currency guy and found this beauty:

He also had this clean Bicentennial $2, and offered it to me for $3, so what the hell:

Finally, I was able to win this decent N. Africa note off eBay to complete my first WWII collection!

Pillar of the Community
United States
3551 Posts
 Posted 10/27/2012  12:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Joe2007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
First, I stopped by my local currency guy and found this beauty

Very nice. Actually I have my eye on one of these at a local B&M. Hopefully nobody buys it before I can come up with the cash.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4516 Posts
 Posted 10/27/2012  1:41 pm  Show Profile   Check barryg's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add barryg to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
All right, as I mentioned in another thread, I'm an idiot (at least when it comes to currency). A few posts back when starbuxinvestor posted his latest acquisition and I said I had just bought one of them off eBay? Well, once again I got the North African "Yellow Seal" Emergency Notes confused with Gold Certificates. Here's the actual note I just received from an eBay purchase:

Fortunately, this time I got what I thought I was getting....
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
616 Posts
 Posted 10/29/2012  5:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add starbuxinvestor to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have posted the Lime Seal and North Africa before but here are my 1934 Tens all together.

Valued Member
United States
486 Posts
 Posted 10/29/2012  6:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add The Bill Collector to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice collection starbuxinvestor,
You have the FRN Green Seal, the North African SC Yellow Seal, the SC Blue Seal, now what you should add to it is the $ 10. FRN Hawaii Brown Seal, and a $ 10. GC Gold Seal.
Did I leave any out ?.
Bill Collector
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
616 Posts
 Posted 10/29/2012  6:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add starbuxinvestor to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am not sure I am still looking to find a source that shows all bills for a given year.
Page: of 238  Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.91 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05