Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Post your new currency acquisitions!  

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 225
Valued Member
United States
486 Posts
 Posted 10/29/2012  10:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add The Bill Collector to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here ya go. From 1861 to 2009.

http://www.uscurrencyauctions.com/$10notes.htm

Bill Collector
Pillar of the Community
United States
1034 Posts
 Posted 10/30/2012  01:14 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kookoox10 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's been a while since I was last on here. Picked up several notes, obsoletes and other misc. finds.

I'm a huge fan of the pre-commonwealth Philippines notes. Check out the back, nice colors and it's nearly a crisp unc. example.

Here's a unique North Africa short snorter, signed by some airmen stationed in Cairo, Egypt.

Found this Barr note in a strap a couple weeks ago, I like the unique serial combo of a ladder/in a row.

And here is a Series 541 MPC, it's a replacement note that I paid non-replacement money for.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1034 Posts
 Posted 11/28/2012  1:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kookoox10 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Picked up another nice national, a tough state to find even though it's the capital.

And here's a pleasant surprise from the bargain foreign box, nice serial!

Pillar of the Community
United States
651 Posts
 Posted 12/26/2012  4:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mackwork to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Recent arrivals. I live in Charlotte (since 1983), so these had a personal significance for me. The Charlotte Columbia and Augusta Railroad printed fare tickets that resembled currency in $1, $2, $5 and $10 denominations with vignette of a steam locomotives on the front. The $1 fare ticket was good for one person for 20 miles, $2 fare was good for two people 20 miles. The $5 fare was good for one person 100 miles, with the $10 fare was good for two people to go 100 miles. Printed by the same American Bank Note Co. that printed currencies, these were called Fare Tickets to circumvent Federal laws that prohibited railroads and others from issuing currency. However, many businesses along the railroad would accept these fare notes as currency for goods.

The line operated about 191 miles of track between Charlotte, North Carolina, through Columbia, SC and ending in Augusta, Georgia. It existed between 1869 and 1894 when it became part of the Southern system. All of the notes have an October, 1873 issue date.

Pillar of the Community
United States
1034 Posts
 Posted 12/28/2012  02:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kookoox10 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice tickets Mack, I saw those in the other forums and I must say they are beautiful. Are there higher denominations past the $10?
Pillar of the Community
United States
651 Posts
 Posted 12/28/2012  07:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mackwork to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks kookoox. The 1, 2, 5 and 10 were the only denominations for this railroad. The 10 is the highest.

Valued Member
United States
244 Posts
 Posted 12/28/2012  08:16 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jimjumper to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Those are really nice notes. I love the vignettes of the 4-4-0 steam engines. They were the workhorse engines of the south.
Valued Member
United States
137 Posts
 Posted 12/28/2012  1:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nationals to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That is neat seeing something related to the history of the South.
Pillar of the Community
United States
651 Posts
 Posted 12/28/2012  1:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mackwork to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks folks. I've lived in Charlotte for 29 years, so the notes were a bit of local history that I never knew about. When I saw the $10 and got it, I knew had to have the rest of the series. Plus I really liked the vignettes of the locomotives, and the other subjects. I thought the dog vignette on the $2 was pretty cool too! Plus, it was nice to see obsolete notes with a nice ornate reverse too - many obsoletes are blank on the back.

I don't have that many, but the obsolete notes can really be quite attractive. Nice engraving and vignettes on many of them.
Edited by mackwork
12/28/2012 2:01 pm
United States
34 Posts
 Posted 01/12/2013  7:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add vtpokerguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hi, What are those confederate bills worth >? Have some just like it

thanks
Pillar of the Community
United States
1500 Posts
 Posted 01/13/2013  6:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinstar to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
very cool stuff--I am new to currency but the MPC's are cool and affordable

Edited by Coinstar
01/13/2013 6:31 pm
Valued Member
United States
212 Posts
 Posted 01/13/2013  7:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jim61 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice MPC note! Welcome to the paper world. Jim
Pillar of the Community
United States
1034 Posts
 Posted 01/13/2013  9:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kookoox10 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's a superb looking MPC. The great news is that most of the higher graded MPCs are among some of the most affordable.
Learn More...
United States
12927 Posts
 Posted 01/14/2013  4:55 pm  Show Profile   Check Fuzzy317's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Fuzzy317 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
At the F.U.N. Coin Show, picked up a $5 US North Africa to complete the set, and a $100 CSA.
<---- expert of nothing, student of everything. My Coin Galleries
Here is: My Want List.... to work on my: Birth Year Set

Circulating Dollar Coins ......Circulating Half Dollar Coins ...... Circulating Two Dollar Bills
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1411 Posts
 Posted 01/14/2013  4:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Windchild to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Page: of 225 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.88 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05