Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Ended - Project $100k- Circulating Dollar And Half Dollar Coins

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 317
Pillar of the Community
United States
851 Posts
 Posted 04/24/2012  5:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SilverRoosevelt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I spent 11 today on lunch and snacks.

$99,630 to go.
Valued Member
United States
206 Posts
 Posted 04/24/2012  7:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MorganDude26 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
$27 on Jelly Bellies!
$99,603 to go!
Pillar of the Community
United States
2277 Posts
 Posted 04/25/2012  08:18 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wquinn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Spent $3 on volleyball again.

$99,600 to go!
Pillar of the Community
United States
851 Posts
 Posted 04/25/2012  10:37 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SilverRoosevelt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Exchanged seven of them for quarters from vending machines.

$99,593 to go.
Valued Member
United States
300 Posts
 Posted 04/25/2012  12:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jungliston1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hello all, so I'm in ROSS the other day and overheard one of the cashier tell a customer how much she hated the "Pesos de Oro"(translated "Dollars of Gold"). She told the lady that a customer had just paid her $70 bill with all these. I didn't get to see them because I was in a rush but can you image if these were all real gold dollars(ZERO chance but would be a nice find if they were). Thought about the find story of one a few weeks ago at a bank by someone on here. You know that's not the only one out there, the others are just waiting to be found and most likely by someone here.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1227 Posts
 Posted 04/25/2012  8:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ninamason to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
two nights ago at work: started with one, received two, sent out two (one of them had to leave my hands twice because the lady I gave it to put it right into our donation jar).

$99 591 to go!
Pillar of the Community
United States
851 Posts
 Posted 04/25/2012  9:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SilverRoosevelt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
jungliston, a real $1 gold coin from the nineteenth century is tiny. A $10 gold eagle, however, is almost the exact same size as a current dollar coin, as is a current 1/2 ounce gold eagle. It would make anyone's day to find gold in circulation.

Anywhoo, I spent a total of seven coins at work for food and lotto tickets (which were both skunks).

$99,584 to go.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1299 Posts
 Posted 04/26/2012  08:20 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cc99999 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Payed for parking $5. $99.579 to go.

2012 Sacs go on sale today. My Arthur's should arrive today as well. I'm going to spend at least one of them if it isn't worth saving. hopefully it'll end up in the hands of a roll searcher somewhere.
Pillar of the Community
United States
851 Posts
 Posted 04/26/2012  1:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SilverRoosevelt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Picked up $31 worth today, and they're all mixed from SBA's to Presidentials. I exchanged one for someone's ratty dollar at a vending machine.

$99,578 to go.
Valued Member
United States
337 Posts
 Posted 04/26/2012  2:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add General Tso to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I just paid my monthly snack bill at work. It was $4.50. I gave the lady in Admin. one paper dollar, 3 "gold" dollars, and 2 quarters. She asked me what are these (holding up the three gold dollars). "Those are dollar coins", I replied. She says "I thought these are supposed to be Susan B Anthony coins. Are these real?"

I thought everyone knew about the newer dollar coins by now.

$99,575 to go.
Pillar of the Community
United States
851 Posts
 Posted 04/26/2012  8:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SilverRoosevelt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Spent another six at vending machines and breaking bills.

$99,569 to go.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2746 Posts
 Posted 04/27/2012  02:19 am  Show Profile   Check SA4H's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SA4H to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Today is Taco Night at Del Taco: 3 Chicken taco for $2.09. I gave 5x Half dollar and got back $0.27.

$99566.50 to go.

Woah.... we only spent less than $500? This is a thrifty community.
'Pytellc': I am still waiting for my $50 world coins from you, Mr. Carson Pytell!

*+*Bruce*+*
My coins available for trade. - My coins for sale - Coins I want/need.
"Living to Learn, Not Learning to Live!"
Yet, I'm learning to live more than living to learn!
Pillar of the Community
United States
2277 Posts
 Posted 04/27/2012  08:27 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wquinn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Spent $3 on volleyball again.

$99,563 to go!

ETA = 6-2-25
Valued Member
United States
139 Posts
 Posted 04/27/2012  12:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Shavill to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Spent 1 dollar coin to get monster today.

Hehe.

99,562$ to go.

Valued Member
United States
109 Posts
 Posted 04/27/2012  7:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add boatman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I Keep Change & Rolls In My Center Console, Good Way To Dump My Rolls Also, Pay Tolls, Stop Pick up Gal Milk Pay with Rolled Coins, Drink at Sonic, Dallors Work Nice For Table Tips

Keep Up The Good Work
Page: of 317 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 9.55 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05