Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Ended - Project $100k- Circulating Dollar And Half Dollar Coins

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 4,744 / Views: 291,447Next Topic
Page: of 317
Pillar of the Community
United States
578 Posts
 Posted 04/28/2012  12:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SaintRidley to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I grabbed a small handful while depositing halves to my dump bank. Spent one at a community indoor yard sale thing - was a 2000-P Sac. The girl looked at it funny before putting it in the bag and getting me my change.

$99,561 to go.

I have ten sitting in my pocket now to spend.
Pillar of the Community
United States
859 Posts
 Posted 04/28/2012  8:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SilverRoosevelt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Spent four on a salad at work today.

$99,557 to go.
Pillar of the Community
United States
578 Posts
 Posted 04/30/2012  01:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SaintRidley to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
And another at McDonald's tonight on a drive through run for my fiancee for a dollar fries.

One Sac used.

$99,556 to go
Pillar of the Community
United States
874 Posts
 Posted 04/30/2012  02:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add perfessor to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I spent 1 dollar coin and 1 half dollar at Kmart, then I spent 1 dollar coin at Home Depot. Does this count as 2 or 3?

Counting 2 this leaves $99,554 to go.
Pillar of the Community
United States
859 Posts
 Posted 04/30/2012  11:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SilverRoosevelt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I spent 21 of them, along with $20 in bills for this week's gas.

$99,533 to go.

Because the fill-up was less than $41, I requested that my change be made in the dollar coins, and the cashier obliged, and I received six in change plus a quarter ($6.25).
Edited by SilverRoosevelt
04/30/2012 11:21 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
1227 Posts
 Posted 04/30/2012  3:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ninamason to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Last night had a gentleman come into work who gave me $25 in gold coins (Sacajawea + Prez coins) for gas.

I pulled 11 of them (four untoned 2001-D Sacs, seven Presidents) for myself and gave out the remaining fourteen in change. Mostly didn't get a second glance. Had one amusing moment when a guy reached into his pocket to count out change for me and went "huh, what's this?" as he discovered his first-ever gold dollar in his pocket . . . so I gave him two more for the dollars portion of his change, and he got all excited.

$99 519!!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1302 Posts
 Posted 04/30/2012  7:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cc99999 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Traveled to NC to visit family. Spent 7 of them at Steak n Shake

$99,512.
Charles Morgan
Editor of CoinWeek.com & Host of the CoinWeek Podcast.

Co-Author of 100 Greatest Modern World Coins - out now from Whitman.
Pillar of the Community
United States
859 Posts
 Posted 04/30/2012  11:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SilverRoosevelt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Spent six on food and lotto tickets.

$99,506 to go.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1227 Posts
 Posted 05/01/2012  02:26 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ninamason to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Got to work, had one in my drawer, was given another one, sent both back out into the wild.

$99 504!
Rest in Peace
United States
9104 Posts
 Posted 05/01/2012  06:08 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add biggfredd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I spent 21 of them, along with $20 in bills for this week's gas.

$99,533 to go.

Because the fill-up was less than $41, I requested that my change be made in the dollar coins, and the cashier obliged, and I received six in change plus a quarter ($6.25).
Not sure I stand under.

You spent 21 at the gas station, then asked them to give five back?

I don't see:

How you can count this as putting more than 15 into circulation.

How this did anything but confuse the cashier.
Pillar of the Community
United States
859 Posts
 Posted 05/01/2012  10:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SilverRoosevelt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
To clarify: I had to pay before I pumped fuel. I paid with 21 brass bucks and $20 in paper bills. The cashier took money without a hitch as $41. After my fill-up, which was $34.75, I specifically asked for six brass bucks in change, as opposed to a five and a one. The cashier was not confused at all.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1302 Posts
 Posted 05/01/2012  2:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cc99999 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
$16 at the post office- including two of the ugliest ones I've ever seen- covered with verdigris.

$99 488!
Charles Morgan
Editor of CoinWeek.com & Host of the CoinWeek Podcast.

Co-Author of 100 Greatest Modern World Coins - out now from Whitman.
Learn More...
United States
87600 Posts
 Posted 05/01/2012  3:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
To clarify: I had to pay before I pumped fuel. I paid with 21 brass bucks and $20 in paper bills. The cashier took money without a hitch as $41. After my fill-up, which was $34.75, I specifically asked for six brass bucks in change, as opposed to a five and a one. The cashier was not confused at all.
They did circulate, so it works for me. Better they went back to you than to the bank.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2760 Posts
 Posted 05/02/2012  02:21 am  Show Profile   Check SA4H's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SA4H to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just picked up 4xroll of Rutherford B Hayes ($100) from the bank today.... these are fresh mint roll.
I'll start spending them ..... and keep a few good looking... hehehe
'Pytellc': I am still waiting for my $50 world coins from you, Mr. Carson Pytell!

*+*Bruce*+*
My coins available for trade. - My coins for sale - Coins I want/need.
"Living to Learn, Not Learning to Live!"
Yet, I'm learning to live more than living to learn!
Pillar of the Community
United States
874 Posts
 Posted 05/02/2012  02:39 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add perfessor to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I spent 1 at the grocery store then 3 more at Wendy's drive through.

$99,484.
Page: of 317 Previous TopicReplies: 4,744 / Views: 291,447Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 12.07 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05