Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Commem Collectors...1936-S Bay Bridge, Good Deal, Grade?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 4 / Views: 1,211Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community

United States
758 Posts
 Posted 04/19/2012  6:06 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add OneBowl to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Ummm, anybody kind of agree with me that I got a pretty good deal on this one?

Any grade guesses?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Half-Dollar...em53ec9cb776

Now for my dilemma...I've wanted one of these for quite some time for my 7070, but between the history and being a Berkeley grad, I can't quite see cracking this one out.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6557 Posts
 Posted 04/19/2012  6:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice pick up! Bay-Bridge half-dollars in these holders are not very common. As such, I wouldn't remove it from the holder. It will always have collector appeal while in the special packaging.

It's always tough to grade from internet images... From what I saw, however, the coin appears to have mint state details, but it may also have a little rub that would make it an AU. I would say it would fall in the AU-55 to MS-62 range if graded by PCGS or NGC.

See my previous post on this coin for additional information about the coin and holder: https://www.coincommunity.com/forum...IC_ID=115776
Collecting history one coin or medal at a time! (c) commems. All rights reserved.
Pillar of the Community
United States
758 Posts
 Posted 04/19/2012  7:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add OneBowl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks, Commems. I actually remembered and read your post in the seconds before ordering. Even if it's AU-55, with it being in that holder and $90, I'm thrilled. I can't recall seeing any in those holders go for below $200. Now I have to pick something else for my 7070. 2 commem holes to go with one reserved for an Oregon Trail.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7273 Posts
 Posted 04/19/2012  8:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nickelsearcher to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Agreed that you have a nice price on a great piece of commemorative ephemera. Well done.

I personally would keep it as is ... and find another Bay Bridge for your set.

David
Take a look at my other hobby ... http://www.jk-dk.art
Too many hobbies .... too much work .... not enough time.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2277 Posts
 Posted 04/26/2012  12:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wquinn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Having a signed coin is really nice. I'd keep it in the packaging. It should add some value to it.
  Previous TopicReplies: 4 / Views: 1,211Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.22 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05