Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

My Top 25 Coins (Maybe)

First page | Previous Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 272 / Views: 32,194Next Topic
Page: of 19
Pillar of the Community
United States
546 Posts
 Posted 11/08/2021  1:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add augustus1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This is one of the most interesting threads ever on this forum, but it started long ago and if you are new you might not have seen it. So, I am "replying" to bring it back to the top so new people can read it (and long-time members can reread it--I just did, all 18 pages).
My educational sites: http://augustuscoins.com/ed/
My coins for sale: http://augustuscoins.com/
My ancient-coin literature for sale: http://augustuscoins.com/numislit.html
United States
37 Posts
 Posted 01/07/2022  04:01 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add chirrrs to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I just started collecting ancients and medievals and searched this forum with nothing more than "cleaning" as my search. While I would almost never clean the US coins I have collected, I've realized that some degree of cleaning is not only acceptable, but necessary for some of these older coins. As a newbie to the type, I wanted to learn a bit before trying it out myself in order to make sure I did it the right way. So I went off on my search.

In doing so, I found this thread. An absolute masterpiece that I feel lucky to have found, read, and now be a part of. What an incredible collection, wealth of knowledge, and fascinating, entertaining, captivating, and enjoyable journey it has been to read every single post in the thread. I've come to a point in my US collection where all I have left are the most expensive key dates. I still enjoy collecting, but it takes far longer and a lot more dollars to fill those empty spots these days than it used to. Getting into foregins/ancients/medievals has been like a rebirth for me in my coin collecting enthusiasm. Stumbling upon this thread has been like stumbling upon a true undiscovered treasure.

I can only hope that I can build a collection over the next few decades where I am able to share such incredible knowledge. I look forward to my journey in this new collecting realm! I also hope that bumping this thread that now approaches its 10 year anniversary (wow!) brings valuable knowledge to beginners in the field like myself who otherwise might miss out on something truly special.

Above all, I just want to thank everyone who contributed to this. It has been an absolute joy to take it all in. I can only hope that someday I'll be able to share such an incredible wealth of knowledge.
Edited by chirrrs
01/07/2022 04:04 am
Page: of 19 Previous TopicReplies: 272 / Views: 32,194Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.22 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: