Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Post your most recent Canadian Coin purchases!

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 130
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
5182 Posts
 Posted 06/30/2018  5:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
2005 Canada fine silver $20 coin
National Wonders: Diamonds.
-
United States
35 Posts
 Posted 07/05/2018  2:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DesGaulles02 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1918 10c

Pillar of the Community
Canada
2377 Posts
 Posted 07/13/2018  11:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Altaira to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Hello Altaira, your 1968 dollar has Machine Doubling on the date and legends, very common on 1968 nickel dollars.
It is a circulated dollar, not mint state - sorry, for grade. A neat variety none the less.

Thanks SilverDon. I really need to brush up on grading - something I've been overlooking. It's not MD, it is a Rev-005 doubled die, with a notch at the upper tip of the 6. The horizon lines are also doubled - at first I thought it was an EWL but a look at the catalogue says otherwise.

Something new - a 1972 PL nickel dollar with a collar clash on the right side. Complete with case and sleeve, although I don't think that makes much difference.

Toronto Coin Club www.torontocoinclub.ca
Office of the Secretary
Meetings 3rd Mondays at 7 PM
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
5182 Posts
 Posted 07/14/2018  4:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Canada 2015 $20
Imposing alpha wolf
silver coin.
-

Mintage:4254/6500

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
890 Posts
 Posted 07/15/2018  10:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Canacoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
National Wonders: Diamonds

Very nice Dorado, wanted that one for a while.
You posted the mintage for the Wolf.
Got it for this one? (to lazy to look myself)
"If you going to err,do it with flair . That way you'll remember and not repeat the mistake"

W.R.Robertson
R.I.P.
Valued Member
Canada
83 Posts
 Posted 07/16/2018  08:18 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NorthWestInvest to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Starting to collect coppers!

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
7219 Posts
 Posted 07/16/2018  10:31 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DBM to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice ones!
But not copper, they are bronze.
The last coppers were the Province of Canada dragonslayer tokens of 1857.

"Dipping" is not considered cleaning...
-from PCGS website
Valued Member
Canada
83 Posts
 Posted 07/16/2018  11:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NorthWestInvest to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for sharing DBM! Apparently I need a terminology touch up haha!
Pillar of the Community
United States
2045 Posts
 Posted 07/16/2018  2:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add okiecoiner to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice coins. Take a close look at the 9's in the '99 .. there are some nice R/p's.
Canada
14 Posts
 Posted 07/16/2018  6:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add harleywilliam to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
THAT is how I wish my photos turned out.....

NorthWestInvest, would you share your setup / equipment to take such pics?

Nice coins BTW!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
5182 Posts
 Posted 07/22/2018  7:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
2011 $1 Parks Canada,
100th Anniversary -
Sterling silver dollar
-
Mintage 03571/25000
Edited by Dorado
07/22/2018 8:11 pm
Valued Member
Canada
83 Posts
 Posted 07/22/2018  10:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NorthWestInvest to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@harleywilliams - they are not my photos unfortunately, those are the sellers photos before I purchased these coins. They are gorgeous photographs.

@Dorado, I love the parks dollar! I may have to grab myself one of them!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
2088 Posts
 Posted 07/25/2018  8:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SilverDon to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Thanks SilverDon. I really need to brush up on
grading - something I've been overlooking. It's not MD, it
is a Rev-005 doubled die, with a notch at the upper tip of
the 6.

Noted. I see the notch in the 6. My Charlton Dollar book
stops at 1967. Will have to pick up the nickel dollar
descriptions. Thanks for setting me straight.

Shafta9a - nothing special, mostly worn or impaired, but I
received an 1896 50 cents and a 1938 Nfld Dime that were
low mintages. A good deal on Nfld junk sterling.
RCNA Member
APNA Member
CNCC Member
Edited by SilverDon
07/25/2018 8:56 pm
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2377 Posts
 Posted 07/29/2018  1:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Altaira to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
SilverDon, the 2013 catalogue has a section dedicated to nickel dollars in the back, if you're looking for it.

SPP if you're reading this, can you confirm? Here's a picture of the waterlines, as close as I could get it. They're doubles, but I don't think it looks doubled to the degree that an EWL is.

Toronto Coin Club www.torontocoinclub.ca
Office of the Secretary
Meetings 3rd Mondays at 7 PM
Edited by Altaira
07/29/2018 1:38 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
4574 Posts
 Posted 07/29/2018  4:01 pm  Show Profile   Check thedollarman's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add thedollarman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
the 1950 is a little less recent but I've really been getting into dimes recently

feel free to call me Will. I'm a 18 year old collector from Mississauga, Ontario.

my PMs are always open, whether you have a question or simply wish to talk.
Page: of 130  Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.71 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05