Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Post Your Most Recent Canadian Coin Purchases!

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 2,460 / Views: 299,257Next Topic
Page: of 164
Learn More...
United States
86446 Posts
 Posted 03/16/2020  09:24 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
2012 Canada. 25 cents. Birds of Canada #10: Evening Grosbeak Coloured Coin.
Nice addition!
Bedrock of the Community
Canada
15239 Posts
 Posted 03/18/2020  12:10 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1931 Canada.
25 cents.

(F*)
Learn More...
United States
86446 Posts
United States
5 Posts
 Posted 03/24/2020  11:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jsweet42891 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Out of curiosity(I have recently inherited coins from my Grandfather and it has created a huge interest for me) I have been seeing people say they have bought bulk silver coins on eBay, along with other sites. So I have a couple questions to help me get pointed in the right direction!

How do I know what to look for as well as know what NOT to buy?
The people selling bulk coins, would they have already gone through the coins themselves and taken out the good ones(valuable)?
Is it worth buying bulk silver coins?

Any help I get is greatly appreciated! This has been an awesome community thus far! :)
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1579 Posts
 Posted 03/25/2020  2:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Smallcentguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Bulk silver coins oneBay are typically just that. I would say you are unlikely to find much treasure and most coins will be searched. That being said you could easily get a full set of 1937 to date this way (excluding a few key date halves and dollars).

People do occasionally find treasures in dealer's bulk silver bins, though it seems that most reports are for out-of-country coins (i.e., Canadian coins at US dealers, German coins at Canadian dealers.......etc).

You best bet would be the occasional lot that you see on eBay from US dealers offering large quantities of early Canadian silver coins. You might get lucky on one of these and get a lot of pre-1937 silver at a small premium to melt value.

You could also find on eBay lots of bulk silver that include nice grade common date coins.....say 1950s and 1960s silver. You could also look out for bulk lots of cheap George VI halves. With silver down sharply, it is the cheapest time to buy in a few years.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
721 Posts
 Posted 03/25/2020  4:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TaeKenDo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I got lucky when I bought a half roll of 1953 One cents. They were likely checked for a SF variety but the seller missed one full DDR. I think I have only seen one on eBay, not sure.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
721 Posts
 Posted 03/26/2020  05:36 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TaeKenDo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That wretched Verdigris, I know. But I'm thinking of treating it with something to halt the corrosion process. Hopefully without the coin losing too much of it's appeal & value given its higher grade. It's getting harder & harder to find these historical pieces in high grades at reasonable prices.

Learn More...
United States
86446 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Canada
721 Posts
 Posted 03/26/2020  4:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TaeKenDo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
jbuck - yeah trying to find a place shipping to Canada at a reasonable price so I can keep both my arms & legs. Wizard supply are out of stock.
Learn More...
United States
86446 Posts
Valued Member
Canada
225 Posts
 Posted 04/01/2020  3:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add the_sifu to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Learn More...
United States
86446 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
7948 Posts
 Posted 04/01/2020  4:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DBM to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Beauty!
"Dipping" is not considered cleaning...
-from PCGS website
Valued Member
Canada
225 Posts
 Posted 04/02/2020  9:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add the_sifu to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks jbuck and DBM, not really a recent purchase. Last year's purchase.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
808 Posts
 Posted 05/01/2020  12:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Classic Coins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1871 Prince Edward Island One Cent:

Page: of 164 Previous TopicReplies: 2,460 / Views: 299,257Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.75 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05