Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Post Your Most Recent Canadian Coin Purchases!

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 2,586 / Views: 316,296Next Topic
Page: of 173
Pillar of the Community
Canada
4754 Posts
 Posted 11/02/2020  8:02 pm  Show Profile   Check thedollarman's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add thedollarman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
CTH..all the evidence you need is in what you just said. You had an ex ICCS SP62 and they gave it SP64...there is no rhyme or reason to ICCS grades in many cases. And the 1937 Mattes often come toned but not like the dollar thru to quarter in that set. The toning appears as if someone tried to strip it off the coin as it is splotchy and the coins look kind of white but kind of toned.. as well as the fact that its darker between the letters..
feel free to call me Will. I'm a 20 year old collector from the GTA area of Ontario.

my PMs are always open, whether you have a question or simply wish to talk!
Canada
35 Posts
 Posted 11/02/2020  8:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CTH to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@thedollarman - Why should it be suspect if they were well preserved..? They can't all be cleaned just because they don't have toning. Maybe you prefer to remain cautious...
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1019 Posts
 Posted 11/02/2020  9:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add johnnysprawl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@CTH

Can you take a closer pic of the 1937 SP63 quarter?
Valued Member
Canada
175 Posts
 Posted 11/02/2020  9:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dollar 1935 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here is a 1937 25c from the Cook collection Who has (probably) been dipped in the past :

https://www.PCGSeurope.com/cert/37622356?l=fr

Not totally the same thing but it can give an idea
Edited by Dollar 1935
11/02/2020 9:10 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
917 Posts
 Posted 11/02/2020  9:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MOS0239 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I didn't purchase it but I had it graded.

Canada
35 Posts
 Posted 11/02/2020  11:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CTH to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@johnnysprawl - I can do that tomorrow in regular daylight, sure.
Canada
35 Posts
 Posted 11/02/2020  11:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CTH to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@Dollar 1935 - Thanks, I took a look...lot's of hairlines on the one in the link. Mine hase none whatsoever but maybe a faint fingerprint. Dipped? Who knows... So I guess I can play this two ways. Remove from holder and take my chances with PCGS (just out of curiosity & risk getting a lower or higher grade) or have cross-graded and replaced in PCGS holder where they might just agree with ICCS not to step on their toes given ICCS's reputation. But I could be wrong about that last part.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
748 Posts
 Posted 11/03/2020  10:37 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add loonielewy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I didn't purchase it but I had it graded.

OK, you lost me there. Didn't like the resulting grade and said "No thanks." What was the grade, and why did you not purchase it? Looks like something my collection would be happy to have.
"We are poor little lambs...who have lost our way...Baa...Baa...Baa"

In memory of those members who left us too soon...
In memory of Tootallious March 31, 1964 to April 15, 2020
In memory of crazyb0 July 27 2020. RIP.
Pillar of the Community
United States
917 Posts
 Posted 11/03/2020  1:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MOS0239 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
OK, you lost me there. Didn't like the resulting grade and said "No thanks." What was the grade, and why did you not purchase it? Looks like something my collection would be happy to have.

Oh, here's the grade. I had this penny in my collection since I was a kid. Can't tell you where I got it from, not a clue.

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
748 Posts
 Posted 11/03/2020  6:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add loonielewy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's a nice coin to have as a kid. My "kiddie" collection didn't have ones like this.. I still don't have one of these cents. .

Pillar of the Community
United States
917 Posts
 Posted 11/03/2020  7:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MOS0239 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
As a kid, it was in a box of junk foreign coins for years. I didn't realize it was somewhat significant until recently.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
748 Posts
 Posted 11/03/2020  9:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add loonielewy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
it was in a box of junk foreign coins

Foreign? So you're not Canadian. Junk? Wish I had junk like that laying around. Check that box for a 48 silver dollar, a 26 far 6 nickel or a 36 dot cent. You may have more "junk" there. . Just joking with you.

Glad to see you recognized it and sent it in. Very nice.

Pillar of the Community
United States
917 Posts
 Posted 11/03/2020  9:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MOS0239 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks loonielewy!
Learn More...
United States
94433 Posts
 Posted 11/04/2020  09:56 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Oh, here's the grade. I had this penny in my collection since I was a kid. Can't tell you where I got it from, not a clue.
Sentimental bonus value. Excellent!
Pillar of the Community
United States
917 Posts
 Posted 11/04/2020  10:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MOS0239 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Sentimental bonus value. Excellent!

I know I'm in the minority here on this thread and I love our neighbors to the north but these Canadian coins down here in circulation are a real pain!
Page: of 173 Previous TopicReplies: 2,586 / Views: 316,296Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.78 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05