Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Post Your Most Recent Canadian Coin Purchases!

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 2,704 / Views: 330,211Next Topic
Page: of 181
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1677 Posts
 Posted 06/03/2021  6:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Smallcentguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It was raw. I think TCNC just put down what they thought. AU was a silly grade though. The coin had never seen any circulation. It just had markings from its creation, which obviously had some assistance.
Valued Member
United States
65 Posts
 Posted 06/04/2021  09:39 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Raised on rock to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree WOW! What a set, beautiful.
Learn More...
Canada
9743 Posts
 Posted 06/04/2021  11:20 am  Show Profile   Check SPP-Ottawa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SPP-Ottawa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have a sister coin to that error. I think there are about 8 known, most squirrelled away in long term collections.

https://www.PCGS.com/cert/29316763

Both of ours are struck the same. Mike Diamond has one struck as a flip-over (1c reverse struck over 5c obverse).
"Discovery follows discovery, each both raising and answering questions, each ending a long search, and each providing the new instruments for a new search." -- J. Robert Oppenheimer

Content of this post is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. See: http://creativecommons.org/licenses...0/deed.en_US

My eBay store
Learn More...
United States
100731 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
2393 Posts
 Posted 06/08/2021  7:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Arkie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Picked up a roll of Canadian quarters -- 1928-66 -- for $170 US. Comes to around $5 over spot. I hear all these market analysts preaching that you should buy that which is despised -- I can think of no form of silver that is more despised around here than Canadian silver.

Couple weeks ago I picked up a '23 cent. I grade it as fine using Coins and Canada's analysis, but it has some green on the obverse. Tried to scan it, but the picture is not worth posting. Should I try to clean it?
Edited by Arkie
06/08/2021 7:43 pm
Valued Member
Canada
116 Posts
 Posted 06/08/2021  9:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coinman91 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice buy! I personally wouldn't clean it as it's a key date for the small cents and as long as there's good detail should sell respectively in my opinion.
There's always two sides to the coin if you have the patience to see. -Kathryn Budig
Valued Member
United States
336 Posts
 Posted 06/08/2021  10:35 pm  Show Profile   Check 1960NYGiants's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 1960NYGiants to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@arkie - try soaking it in extra virgin olive oil for a couple weeks, rinse in warm water, and dip in acetone. Repeat as needed.
Learn More...
United States
100731 Posts
 Posted 06/09/2021  09:27 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Picked up a roll of Canadian quarters -- 1928-66 -- for $170 US. Comes to around $5 over spot.
Excellent!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
614 Posts
 Posted 06/10/2021  6:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add EastVanRob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
From Heritage Auctions Marlborough Collection Sale of Canadian 25 cents.

1929 PCGS MS-65:

1933 PCGS MS-65:

1935 PCGS MS-65 (ex ICCS MS-65):

Pillar of the Community
Canada
1226 Posts
 Posted 06/10/2021  7:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add purelywasted to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great coins EastVanRob! That was quite the collection of quarters for sale there.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
17694 Posts
 Posted 06/10/2021  8:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

Very nice coins!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
17694 Posts
 Posted 06/10/2021  10:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1966 Canada.
1 Dollar - Elizabeth II 2nd portrait.

Learn More...
United States
100731 Posts
 Posted 06/11/2021  09:48 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Fantastic selection!

Quote:
1966 Canada. 1 Dollar - Elizabeth II 2nd portrait.
Very nice!
Netherlands
44 Posts
 Posted 06/12/2021  08:55 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Gebs to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Came in today 1/2 cent Nova Scotia 1861. Really love the quality of this one

Valued Member
Canada
116 Posts
 Posted 06/12/2021  11:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coinman91 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What a beautiful Half Cent!
There's always two sides to the coin if you have the patience to see. -Kathryn Budig
Page: of 181 Previous TopicReplies: 2,704 / Views: 330,211Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.44 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05