Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Post Your Most Recent Canadian Coin Purchases!

First page | Previous Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 2,820 / Views: 341,721Next Topic
Page: of 188
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
864 Posts
 Posted 09/16/2021  8:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add loonielewy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I'll be tearing into this one for the loonie and quarter for my albums!

Good stuff. These are my favorite finish, and I like to crack them free too. They will look great in your album.
"We are poor little lambs...who have lost our way...Baa...Baa...Baa"

In memory of those members who left us too soon...
In memory of Tootallious March 31, 1964 to April 15, 2020
In memory of crazyb0 July 27 2020. RIP.
Valued Member
Canada
223 Posts
 Posted 09/16/2021  9:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coinman91 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ah there you are loonie! Thank you, I also love the specimen finish!
There's always two sides to the coin if you have the patience to see. -Kathryn Budig
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
864 Posts
 Posted 09/16/2021  10:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add loonielewy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Is that a slight die rotation on your '66 50 cent piece?

Valued Member
Canada
223 Posts
 Posted 09/16/2021  11:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coinman91 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow good eye! Never noticed it until now but the reverse looks rotated counter clockwise!
There's always two sides to the coin if you have the patience to see. -Kathryn Budig
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
3858 Posts
 Posted 09/17/2021  07:11 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add okiecoiner to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't think that it's rotated; it's just that the Obverse is not put in the holder level. On the Obv, the E in Elizabeth and the A in Regina should be on the same horizontal plane. The coin needs to be slightly rotated CW (on the Rev, it would be CCW.)
Valued Member
Canada
223 Posts
 Posted 09/17/2021  07:16 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coinman91 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hmm I will have to take your word for it okie! Would only have been a slight rotation at best anyhow .
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
864 Posts
 Posted 09/17/2021  07:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add loonielewy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well now. I agree with okie on the level planed E and A. However, setting the obverse level, only increases the rotation of the reverse CCW, not back to 0 degrees.

Check it out in hand and let us know.

Edited by loonielewy
09/17/2021 07:39 am
Learn More...
United States
103978 Posts
 Posted 09/17/2021  08:43 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Looks like another mail call for me again!
Excellent!
Valued Member
Canada
223 Posts
 Posted 09/17/2021  09:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coinman91 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks jbuck! Also I think your right loonie, this is the straightest I could line up the E and A like okie said but it only added to the rotation.

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
3858 Posts
 Posted 09/17/2021  09:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add okiecoiner to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hmmmmm! I got my rotations messed up, visualizing the Obv rotation with the Rev. Anyway, I was right about the E & A being on the same horizontal plane. But the resultant difference just put my foot further into my mouth.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
864 Posts
 Posted 09/17/2021  10:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add loonielewy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It was early okie, you may not have had your coffee yet. Easy mistake. No foot required.

coinman, pinch those staples. You want to keep this one, don't you.

Valued Member
Canada
223 Posts
 Posted 09/17/2021  11:02 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coinman91 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Haha thank you okie none the less I learned how to correctly align my coins! Yes loonie I will have to be sure to fasten them well!
Learn More...
United States
103978 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Canada
4924 Posts
 Posted 09/24/2021  1:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Canadian-Banknotes to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I purchased this about a month ago and sent it for grading at ICCS. It graded MS-64 which I am quite pleased with.

I think it's a SWL variety, though it's not listed on the insert.

Learn More...
United States
103978 Posts
 Posted 09/24/2021  2:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I purchased this about a month ago and sent it for grading at ICCS. It graded MS-64 which I am quite pleased with.
Excellent!
Page: of 188 Previous TopicReplies: 2,820 / Views: 341,721Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.73 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05