Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Post Your Most Recent Canadian Coin Purchases!

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 3,016 / Views: 357,603Next Topic
Page: of 202
Pillar of the Community
Canada
5842 Posts
 Posted 10/06/2021  7:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mcshilling to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Doing nicely TNG I only have one of those.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
10245 Posts
 Posted 10/06/2021  8:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
mcshilling, thanks pal. Just wait til next year with it being a 100th anniversary of the Canadian "Nickel".
Collecting one of each for every year has been tough but I'm up to snuff so far.
My favorite album!
Image hosting is provided by CCF. Thank you for your generosity!
World's Fair Exposition Medals and Tickets
http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...p?album=2020
Pillar of the Community
Canada
503 Posts
 Posted 10/06/2021  8:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coinman91 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Amazing collection!
RCNA Member

There's always two sides to the coin if you have the patience to see. -Kathryn Budig
Learn More...
United States
108103 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Canada
4944 Posts
 Posted 10/07/2021  6:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Canadian-Banknotes to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here are a few more coins from my recent ICCS submissions.

ICCS MS-65 Red

ICCS MS-63

ICCS EF-40 Obverse 6

ICCS MS-65
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1221 Posts
 Posted 10/07/2021  7:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add johnnysprawl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice looking coins; sure looks like that 1896 dime is better than EF-40 tho...
Pillar of the Community
Canada
503 Posts
 Posted 10/07/2021  8:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coinman91 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Incredible coins! And I was just staring at that 1896 thinking the same thing.. surely there's a reason it didn't get au but in my eyes that is way to conservative a grade.
RCNA Member

There's always two sides to the coin if you have the patience to see. -Kathryn Budig
Pillar of the Community
Canada
4944 Posts
 Posted 10/07/2021  9:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Canadian-Banknotes to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks!

I agree with you both regarding the 1896 dime! When I submit the coin I had it pegged as an AU. I'm thinking the lack of luster from an old cleaning (no hairlines are visible) is what got the coin net graded down to an EF.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1087 Posts
 Posted 10/08/2021  05:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mrwhatisit to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Oh boy, more to look at C-B. My earlier post of the 1858 dime 5/5 variety is in about the same grade as your 1896. It makes one wonder how many coins like yours and ours are still to be found in somebody's abandoned structure forgotten in some chest or table, and then an urban explorer comes along and liberates these and other treasures before they get ruined .
Bedrock of the Community
United States
10245 Posts
 Posted 10/08/2021  11:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Canadian-Banknotes I really like that 1902 5 cent coin the best but all are super coins.
My favorite album!
Image hosting is provided by CCF. Thank you for your generosity!
World's Fair Exposition Medals and Tickets
http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...p?album=2020
Pillar of the Community
Canada
4944 Posts
 Posted 10/08/2021  4:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Canadian-Banknotes to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Oh boy, more to look at C-B. My earlier post of the 1858 dime 5/5 variety is in about the same grade as your 1896. It makes one wonder how many coins like yours and ours are still to be found in somebody's abandoned structure forgotten in some chest or table, and then an urban explorer comes along and liberates these and other treasures before they get ruined.

I've still got a few more to post! Yeah, there can't be many of these coins kicking around now, and that number continues to dwindle year by year I am sure.

Quote:
Canadian-Banknotes I really like that 1902 5 cent coin the best but all are super coins.

Thanks! Yeah I really like that one as well.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1221 Posts
 Posted 10/08/2021  4:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add johnnysprawl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
When I submit the coin I had it pegged as an AU

I wonder if they accidentally swapped the 1902 and 1896 grades. It's happened to me before...
Pillar of the Community
Canada
503 Posts
 Posted 10/08/2021  4:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coinman91 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Personally I think it lacks the luster for MS63, but still far exceeds EF40 IMO.
RCNA Member

Pillar of the Community
Canada
4944 Posts
 Posted 10/08/2021  5:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Canadian-Banknotes to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The two coins were on separate submissions.

The 1902 still has full luster though, I focused on showing the colour in the photos.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
503 Posts
 Posted 10/08/2021  5:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coinman91 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes very good lustre on the 5 cent for sure.
RCNA Member

Page: of 202 Previous TopicReplies: 3,016 / Views: 357,603Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.77 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: