Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Post Your Most Recent Canadian Coin Purchases!

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 3,025 / Views: 358,451Next Topic
Page: of 202
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2846 Posts
 Posted 11/24/2021  6:04 pm  Show Profile   Check Paul Bulgerin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Paul Bulgerin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This very nice 1920 small cent came in today's mail.

Paul Bulgerin
Pillar of the Community
Canada
522 Posts
 Posted 11/24/2021  6:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coinman91 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Beauty Red/Brown!
RCNA Member

There's always two sides to the coin if you have the patience to see. -Kathryn Budig
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1856 Posts
 Posted 11/25/2021  10:21 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add papeldog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice 1920 R/B small cent Paul, if you don't have a 1920 Large cent now you have an excuse to find one.
Happy Hunting
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2533 Posts
 Posted 11/26/2021  07:24 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This just arrived yesterday. My first graded coin(PL), along with a purchase from one of are members of 13 large cents and 2 small cents I didn't have, they were generous to add a gift, a 1970 quarter that I have had no luck finding roll hunting. Thanks! Have yet to get pictures of the cents.

Edited by Wrekkdd
11/26/2021 07:26 am
Pillar of the Community
Canada
522 Posts
 Posted 11/26/2021  09:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coinman91 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice coin!
RCNA Member

There's always two sides to the coin if you have the patience to see. -Kathryn Budig
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
2293 Posts
 Posted 11/26/2021  6:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SilverDon to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The Cameo on this coin popped when I saw the thumbnail. I was happy to
see it arrive. 1965 25 Cents PL-65 UHC.

RCNA Member
APNA Member
CNCC Member
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2533 Posts
 Posted 11/26/2021  6:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@silverDon, do you know what qualifies camo? My last post was a 1964 PL66 quarter but no camo designation. That's a nice coin either way!

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
2293 Posts
 Posted 11/26/2021  7:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SilverDon to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Wrekkdd, Cameo, Heavy Cameo and Ultra Heavy Cameo are
designations given to coins that show a good contrast on the
legends and milky white bust with defined features and
frostiness on the reverse and obverse against a highly reflective
polished background, and legends. Both our coins are Proof
Like, these planchets were polished pre strike. Brand new
dies produce the Cameo, HC and UHC appearance, as the die
wears, the freshness of the cameo decreases and you see a
more metallic shine on the bust and legends that matches the
field. You can test if a coin has a cameo by passing your
finger over the coin and looking at the reflection
difference between the field and the bust. If the
reflection is faded on the bust or disappears all together -
Cameo. Cameos on Business Strikes are more rare (an MS
designation rather than Proof Like PL, Specimen SP or Proof
PF Coins). Specimen and Proof coins are specially pressed
and struck with more pressure producing more Cameos.

https://www.drakesterling.com/news-...initions?fb=
RCNA Member
APNA Member
CNCC Member
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2533 Posts
 Posted 11/26/2021  9:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the info, and a good article. I can definitely see th difference in camo from you coin to mine. There is a fair bit less of the frosted portrait on mine compared to yours.
Learn More...
United States
108392 Posts
Canada
9 Posts
 Posted 11/27/2021  11:58 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Luggin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I was opening the store the other day and in our weekly safe where we keep the change, I noticed 2 of the old plastic pinch rolls in the dimes box. Brinks sent us a box of change that had rolls of pre 68 dimes. I've pulled out 7 rolls total in 2 days. I'm going in early Monday to investigate the rest of that box!

I told people at work about that lottery win and they all looked at me like I was crazy for buying rolls of dimes. Are silver coins really that far off of most people's knowledge base?
Pillar of the Community
Canada
522 Posts
 Posted 11/27/2021  12:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coinman91 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Incredible Luggin! Also great explanation of cameo silver don.
RCNA Member

Valued Member
Canada
181 Posts
 Posted 11/27/2021  12:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Fefimo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Luggin yes it is. Until a year ago I never glanced at my change other than to make sure it was correct.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
4817 Posts
 Posted 11/29/2021  10:24 pm  Show Profile   Check thedollarman's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add thedollarman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Picked up from an auction house while at nuphilex...super happy with it. Another piece that most definitely needs to go in for reconsideration..most people I showed said it was worthy of a 66/66+. Just need the quarter now and I'll have a full 46 set

If the OGH was in better condition I'd keep it that way..but unfortunately it's so scuffed it impedes on your ability to view the coin. I love how different the coin looks at different angles.

feel free to call me Will. I'm a 21 year old collector/dealer from the Greater Toronto area

my PMs are always open, whether you have a question or simply wish to talk!
Pillar of the Community
Canada
522 Posts
 Posted 11/29/2021  10:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coinman91 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Incredible coin I will only get the pleasure of viewing on here! Beautiful addition.
RCNA Member

Edited by coinman91
11/29/2021 10:47 pm
Page: of 202 Previous TopicReplies: 3,025 / Views: 358,451Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.53 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: