Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Live Coin auctions starting as low as $1
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Post Your Most Recent Canadian Coin Purchases!

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 3,295 / Views: 398,881Next Topic
Page: of 220
Learn More...
United States
118567 Posts
Valued Member
United States
50 Posts
 Posted 07/29/2022  2:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DrPeper23 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well I technically have had these for a long time I didn't see them in the piles of random coins my grandfather left. Just found them today.

Learn More...
United States
118567 Posts
Valued Member
United States
127 Posts
 Posted 08/07/2022  12:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TheColorofMoney to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Is there a way to contact @thedollarman ?
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2307 Posts
 Posted 08/07/2022  2:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add darryldarryl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I believe that you can't private message him until you reach 50 post on this forum.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
4854 Posts
 Posted 08/07/2022  3:07 pm  Show Profile   Check thedollarman's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add thedollarman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I give up trying to optimize the image of the insides of the cases..so you guys will have to do with just the outsiders

1911-12 Specimen case for one cent to fifty cent, then 1911 so and 1912 $5-$10 pieces. Super cool and rare..very happy to finally get another one..I made the mistake of selling the last one I had.

1937 case for four coins...or at least that's what Charlton claims. I think it is possible this case is actually for a 1928 or 1930 specimen set. I see no reason why a four coin case would be made for 1937..and on top of that they should have used the blue 1937 label if it was actually made in 1937.

1937 mirror case..a classic and very visually appealing. This example is very nice, I got it when I purchased the cornerstone mirror set, but I'm unsure if it actually originated with that set as it was kind of an addon to my purchase.

1943 Tombac specimen holder..maybe Mt favorite of the group. It's very rarely encountered and this example is in mint condition with what appears to be also the original outer envelope. Both of the coins that came with it are immaculate

@thecolorofmoney the forum is pretty picky about contacting attempts, but I was able to respond to your ebay message.

feel free to call me Will. I'm a 22 year old collector/dealer from the Greater Toronto area

my PMs are always open, whether you have a question or simply wish to talk!
Learn More...
United States
118567 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1296 Posts
 Posted 08/08/2022  11:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add johnnysprawl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looking good Will!
Valued Member
United States
127 Posts
 Posted 08/09/2022  6:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TheColorofMoney to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@thedollarman

That's a nice haul of cases.

(I'm guessing the forum software used for CCF does not support member pings using the @symbol - correct ?)
Valued Member
United States
127 Posts
 Posted 08/10/2022  08:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TheColorofMoney to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
(3) out of a (5) coin lot of "consecutive" 1957 $1 PLs. One graded PL 66+ and was sold by itself and another graded PL 65 and it too was sold by itself. I snapped up the (3) PL 66s at only 1/3rd market (Santa came early this year).

The second coin (033) has horizontal wisps of orangish color from the corrugated cardboard holder.

Learn More...
United States
118567 Posts
 Posted 08/10/2022  09:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
(I'm guessing the forum software used for CCF does not support member pings using the @symbol - correct ?)
Correct.

Quote:
(3) out of a (5) coin lot of "consecutive" 1957 $1 PLs. One graded PL 66+ and was sold by itself and another graded PL 65 and it too was sold by itself. I snapped up the (3) PL 66s at only 1/3rd market (Santa came early this year).
Excellent!
Pillar of the Community
United States
3402 Posts
 Posted 08/10/2022  09:08 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kopper Ken to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice coins.

KK
Valued Member
United States
127 Posts
 Posted 08/10/2022  4:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TheColorofMoney to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks jbuck and KK.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Australia
581 Posts
 Posted 08/10/2022  8:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ttkoo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hi all,
I aquired these from my siblings as we were finalising my parents estate, along with a hoard of other australian and world coins, and averaged out they cost me the princely sum of $1.56 AUD each, so happy face so far.
I looked up the 1965 dollar and it seems it is 80% silver 20% copper.
I don't know how it would grade or if it is worth keeping.

The other is a 1976 Olympic Games $10 guessing it's shotput or discus. The hard plastic case is cracked in three places and I am contemplating breaking it out and rehousing it. Is there a safe way to do this, or should I leave it as it is?

Many thanks in advance tt

The Ox moves slowly, but the Earth is patient.
Learn More...
United States
118567 Posts
Page: of 220 Previous TopicReplies: 3,295 / Views: 398,881Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.55 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: