Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Post Your Canadian Circulation Finds!

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Replies: 1,623 / Views: 214,327Next Topic
Page: of 109
Learn More...
United States
106380 Posts
 Posted 10/15/2021  11:03 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Similar to our dollar coins down here. Something that I never cared to note since I cannot see the edge in album.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Germany
703 Posts
 Posted 10/15/2021  1:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add redlock to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
since I cannot see the edge in album.

Neither can I
Valued Member
Canada
411 Posts
 Posted 10/15/2021  1:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coinman91 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Good point jbuck! I also never bothered to care for the whole 2 type thing but eventually found myself overcome with the "catch em all" mentality!
There's always two sides to the coin if you have the patience to see. -Kathryn Budig
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2047 Posts
 Posted 10/15/2021  2:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Picked up 40 rolls of Nickels today on lunch break and found a decent shape 1940 and 1941, have not even gone through half of them yet so a good find and my oldest 2 so far.

Edit 40 and 41 not 42

As I posted this I found a second 1940:D
Edited by Wrekkdd
10/15/2021 2:53 pm
Valued Member
Canada
411 Posts
 Posted 10/15/2021  2:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coinman91 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great finds! Currently going through $100 in dimes!
There's always two sides to the coin if you have the patience to see. -Kathryn Budig
Learn More...
United States
106380 Posts
 Posted 10/15/2021  2:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
eventually found myself overcome with the "catch em all" mentality!
There is nothing wrong with that.

I might even fall prey myself...

I need the 2015 Ike Presidential dollars to "extend" my PCGS graded Eisenhower dollar set. There are normally four, two circulation strikes (P and D Mints) and two proof strikes (normal and reverse). The proof coins are struck in an edge-lettered collar, so they are always "position A." The circulation coins have the edge letter applied post strike, hence the A and B variants. Well, the PCGS slabs all show the position on the label and the holder allows one to see the edge! So I either need to make sure both are the same, A or B, or just go ahead and get all four.
Learn More...
United States
106380 Posts
 Posted 10/15/2021  2:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Picked up 40 rolls of Nickels today on lunch break and found a decent shape 1940 and 1941, have not even gone through half of them yet so a good find and my oldest 2 so far.
Excellent!
Valued Member
Canada
411 Posts
 Posted 10/15/2021  3:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coinman91 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very interesting dilemma you have there jbuck! Always cool to hear the American side of numismatics which Canadians are also contending with to some extent.
Learn More...
United States
106380 Posts
 Posted 10/15/2021  5:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Always cool to hear the American side of numismatics which Canadians are also contending with to some extent.
I agree! Well, for me I have to reverse the roles.
Valued Member
Canada
53 Posts
 Posted 10/28/2021  01:01 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tusker to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My last tour through the grocery store produced $4.46 from the Coinstar reject tray. Mixed CAD and USD plus I got a 2021 Loon.
Learn More...
United States
106380 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Canada
5791 Posts
 Posted 10/28/2021  10:34 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mcshilling to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well I guess I did get some knowledge to rube of on one of my kids, She came over the other night and said "look what I found at work (hotel) " it blow me away.

This is from a Premiere Proof Set, someone was hard up for money if they only know what they could have got for it.
Secret Santa please look here to see what I do have.
http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...hp?cat=10523
Valued Member
Canada
411 Posts
 Posted 10/28/2021  10:40 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coinman91 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow that's amazing! Reverse proof?
Learn More...
United States
106380 Posts
 Posted 10/28/2021  11:10 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Well I guess I did get some knowledge to rube of on one of my kids, She came over the other night and said "look what I found at work (hotel) " it blow me away.
An absolutely fantastic find!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
900 Posts
 Posted 10/28/2021  11:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add loonielewy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
mcshilling, I think you have a Specimen strike there. A magnet test should confirm. Still from a set. This is a beautiful coin, and should never have been put into circulation. I'm happy for you, but sad for the coin. Definite keeper. .
"We are poor little lambs...who have lost our way...Baa...Baa...Baa"

In memory of those members who left us too soon...
In memory of Tootallious March 31, 1964 to April 15, 2020
In memory of crazyb0 July 27 2020. RIP.
Page: of 109 Replies: 1,623 / Views: 214,327Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.53 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: