Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Post Your Canadian Circulation Finds!

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 1,664 / Views: 219,125Next Topic
Page: of 111
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2538 Posts
 Posted 11/23/2021  2:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not 100% if these are proof or specimens but I would guess not business strikes. Got these both back in my change today from sperate places. Not sure about the Matt finished 5 cent but I think the 2011 toonie is a proof

I have seen the 2001 5cent with a matt reverse or matt obverse but never a full matt finish. Any ideas?
Learn More...
United States
108406 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
19231 Posts
 Posted 11/30/2021  7:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Pillar of the Community
Canada
2538 Posts
 Posted 12/01/2021  08:36 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Apparently jimmy Hendrix brings luck while CRH.
Found these two this morning along with a 1960 americain LAm error.

First 2000P nickel and first 1970 of any kind found in the wild!!

The 1970 is in a bit of rough shape but I'm happy to have found one. The 2000p is in really nice shape aside from a could minor scratches on the obverse
Learn More...
United States
108406 Posts
Valued Member
Canada
449 Posts
 Posted 12/01/2021  6:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ShareBear to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The matte finish on the 2011 is common. Most 2011 toonies look like that.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1128 Posts
 Posted 12/01/2021  7:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mrwhatisit to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There you go Wrekkdd !, I too found a 1970 Cad nickel earlier this year and I didn't know it was a semi-key till I looked it up.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2538 Posts
 Posted 12/01/2021  7:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@sharebear, if the comment was for me I posted a 2001. I have noticed some have a matt finish reverse bot not obverse and vise versa. This one is Matt on both sides, I would have to inspect the 0's to see if it is a proof.

@mtwhatisit, I never realized untill recently it was a semi key date. After at least 2000 nickel rolls to have found only one says it all lol. Thanks to Cdncoins I have the quarter as well. Now I just need the 10cent 1970! Weirdly enough I have found over a dozen silver dimes but no 1970.
Valued Member
Canada
449 Posts
 Posted 12/02/2021  6:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ShareBear to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@Wrekkdd "but I think the 2011 toonie is a proof" The finish on the 2011 toonie is common. All of my 2011 toonies have the same type of finish. The planchet that year must have been different.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2538 Posts
 Posted 12/02/2021  7:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@shareBear,that's interesting. it reminds of of the 96 German planchette. Maybe I just have not gotten many 2011 toonies in my change but I'm fairly sure I have another layer around. I'll take a look, this one is just much less circulated, maybe from a PL set then?
Pillar of the Community
Canada
522 Posts
 Posted 12/14/2021  9:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coinman91 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Found this guy in a box of quarters I'm currently hunting!

RCNA Member

There's always two sides to the coin if you have the patience to see. -Kathryn Budig
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2538 Posts
 Posted 12/14/2021  9:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
After a thousand rolls or so I have still yet to find a silver quarter let alone one as old as this. Nice find!!
Pillar of the Community
Canada
522 Posts
 Posted 12/14/2021  11:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coinman91 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks man! It's an album filler for me happy to have a George the 6th!
RCNA Member

There's always two sides to the coin if you have the patience to see. -Kathryn Budig
Learn More...
United States
108406 Posts
 Posted 12/15/2021  08:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Found this guy in a box of quarters I'm currently hunting!
Outstanding! Always nice to fill a hole!
Pillar of the Community
Canada
522 Posts
 Posted 12/15/2021  09:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coinman91 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Jbuck! I was definitely pleased to see a silver and a Georgie at that. Pretty surprised I missed it on my edge check too!
RCNA Member

Page: of 111 Previous TopicReplies: 1,664 / Views: 219,125Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.48 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: