Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Post your Canadian circulation finds!

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 79
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1354 Posts
 Posted 01/21/2013  11:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coin Chick to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Eddie
What year is your double ear? It's nice
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1330 Posts
 Posted 01/21/2013  11:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add eddio to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Are yours a product of the gas bubbles also I'm keeping all that are developing to see their outcomer
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1330 Posts
 Posted 01/21/2013  11:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add eddio to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Double ear is 1984
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1354 Posts
 Posted 01/22/2013  12:02 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coin Chick to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Eddio
It doesn't look as doubled as examples on other websites? Is this not a true double ear? Or are their many variations? I've been trying to hone my US variety skills.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1330 Posts
 Posted 01/22/2013  10:31 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add eddio to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I believe its not, getting diferent takes on it but I collect odd looking coins so I'm not sure.m
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1330 Posts
 Posted 01/23/2013  7:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add eddio to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

this was my favorite find yet
Canada
13 Posts
 Posted 01/23/2013  7:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cfrp to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have a question for you all. Where is a good place to buy cases for coins? Just discovered this forum and I have some coins that I've learnt have some value to them. I just keep them in a box.. Would probably be a good idea to put them in those clear round cases.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
932 Posts
 Posted 01/23/2013  7:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add RoyalSilver to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
cool find eddio!

@cfrp, you can buy clear plastic cases on eBay for cheap or at any coin store. Make sure you know the size of the coins you are looking to store, as each plastic capsule is specific to each coin diameter. Just time what coin you have in google, and it will tell you the size :)
Pillar of the Community
Canada
566 Posts
 Posted 01/23/2013  7:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Amaths to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
cfrp

For the odd sizes, you will have to probably find them online and the shipping won't be cheap. For the most common sizes, you should find them at your local coin shops. Coin shows are often a good place to buy supplies, too.

I use the following online dealers as price reference:

http://colonialacres.com/products.php?cat=451
http://www.air-tites.com/
Canada
13 Posts
 Posted 01/23/2013  8:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cfrp to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Is shipping crazy from air-tites.com? any experiences?
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1177 Posts
 Posted 01/23/2013  8:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jakedacc to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
cfrp, I highly recommend air tights.com

shipping is about 15$ to Canada but the more you buy, the better it sounds, put in a 120$ order, got tons of air tights, 2x2's, tubes, folders, sheets, ect!
Canada
21 Posts
 Posted 01/23/2013  9:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add silverbulls8 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Air-tites.com is very good. Just order a bunch of stuff and shipping won't seem too bad. They charge the actual rate so really it's pretty good. I paid for air mail just before Christmas and they sent it priority (double the price) for free somehow.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
932 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2013  7:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add RoyalSilver to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
exciting trip to the bank, boring finds tonight lol. A few more wheats ( 1951D and 1950) but other than that, nothing great. I'm starting to think the mint or someone is hoarding more silver coins, as I have gotten nothing from my dime searching for quite some time.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
566 Posts
 Posted 01/29/2013  02:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Amaths to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@RoyalSilver What are the wheats worth, assuming they are average circulated? Similar value to the George VI pennies?

In addition, is this worth keeping? I understand that 4-digit repeaters are the most common found.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
932 Posts
 Posted 01/29/2013  12:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add RoyalSilver to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
those wheats are common KGVII value, unfortunately. But still cool to find such old US coins here. (although living in Toronto, I'm not too far from the US :P )

Id spend that repeater, nothing special. Plus hanging on to $100 is a decent hit to the pocket lol
Page: of 79 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 2.74 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05