Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Post your Canadian circulation finds!

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 75
Valued Member
Canada
244 Posts
 Posted 02/12/2013  09:18 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Double J to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Deepdark, welcome to collecting. Small date is face value. Large date is the one you want. That's great you live close to the states. You can even hunt .50 pieces if you wanted!

Pillar of the Community
Canada
1005 Posts
 Posted 02/12/2013  09:18 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bm0ney to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
F - 15 (scratches) or something along those lines.
1969 nickel composition 10 cents is worth 10 cents.
Canada
37 Posts
 Posted 02/12/2013  10:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add deepdark1972 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the tips, Double J and Bm0ney.

For 50 cent pieces... do I just ask the bank for rolls? How much is in a 50 cent roll?
Valued Member
Canada
158 Posts
 Posted 02/13/2013  07:20 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add masterofsecrets to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
CDN 50 cent coins, $12.50 in a roll (if you ever actually see a roll)
US Half dollars are $10 in a roll, $500 in a box. (supposedly still a good bet to find silver, but I haven't tried)

-on a side note, if you have to "tear into" a roll, remember that the banks give new rolling papers away for free. Don't waste your money buying them at the dollar store. BMO and RBC give out the multi-denominational papers which are a pain to roll, even with the phone book trick. TD, CIBC and a few others give out the nicer ones that you tuck each end in. You can also get empty boxes for each denomination if you start moving a lot of coin around.
Valued Member
Canada
244 Posts
 Posted 02/13/2013  11:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Double J to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Deep, I would also add you may need an account in the states to get rolls...I've heard some get them without it but most seems to have one. I would do it if I lived close to a border.

You may want to look up the silver years for .50 pieces in the states. I believe it's 90% pre '65 and 40% 65-69, but I don't have access to those so I may be off on the dates.
Canada
37 Posts
 Posted 02/13/2013  11:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add deepdark1972 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Couldn't I just buy change from the bank? Wouldn't it be the same as buying a roll of dimes or quarters?
Pillar of the Community
Canada
932 Posts
 Posted 02/13/2013  11:53 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add RoyalSilver to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You can probably pick up a few rolls without an account, but to roll hunt properly, youd need a box. Which would be hard to get without an account, I would assume.
Canada
37 Posts
 Posted 02/13/2013  11:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add deepdark1972 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I will test this out on the weekend. Will let you know the results.
Canada
37 Posts
 Posted 02/15/2013  4:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add deepdark1972 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I managed to pick up 15 rolls of CDN pennies today from a local store. And tomorrow I am crossing the border to US pennies and 50 cent rolls. Hopefully it will be a good weekend of hunting.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
932 Posts
 Posted 02/15/2013  4:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add RoyalSilver to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Post what you were able to grab, I'm excited haha
Valued Member
Canada
54 Posts
 Posted 02/16/2013  12:41 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mberteig to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well, just found my second 2006 NP,NL-Mag... but it's not in very good condition. Here's some pics... you'll have to trust me that it's magnetic

I've been CRHing pennies for a long time now, and I've gone through only about 5000 properly so far (sorting by date, testing all the 2006 NP, NLs) and I have about 80000 in total, so I've got a ways to go!

Pillar of the Community
Canada
932 Posts
 Posted 02/16/2013  12:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add RoyalSilver to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice find on the 2006.

I just got mine back from ICCS, found it a few weeks back. Good luck on your future finds !

Canada
37 Posts
 Posted 02/17/2013  12:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add deepdark1972 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
No banks carried any 50 cent rolls. How would I get them?

I found:

1994 error

Still going through them.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
690 Posts
 Posted 02/17/2013  01:07 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add middross to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I found what will probably be my last 2006 no p, no logo magnetic tonight. It so happens that this was by far the nicest that I had found to date. I was quite happy, since I had previously sold all of the other ones that I had, figuring that I would find more before the pennies ran out. It was on my last box that I found it.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
933 Posts
 Posted 02/17/2013  06:57 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add pennysaver to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice last-minute snag! I'm going through my boxes slowly so that the pleasure doesn't end too soon. I'll stretch it out till summer with any luck. Or next Christmas if I'm re-e-eally slow.
Page: of 75 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.95 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05