Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Post your Canadian circulation finds!

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 75
Pillar of the Community
Canada
932 Posts
 Posted 12/03/2012  11:08 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add RoyalSilver to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
wow these magnetic pennies are getting pretty common...I will try and grab another 2 boxes today.
Valued Member
Canada
298 Posts
 Posted 12/09/2012  9:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CanadianCollector to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
These are both cash drawer finds. I found the toonie last week and the quarter this week. The toonie was cracked out of a mint set and has a mintage of only 117318! I got the quarter from a roll of coins I opened in the store. It's my 1st silver quarter find in over a year.

Pillar of the Community
Canada
566 Posts
 Posted 12/13/2012  2:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Amaths to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Found this poor thing in change. Any idea about the mintage and the grade? Thanks.

Pillar of the Community
United States
1511 Posts
 Posted 12/13/2012  10:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NathanASE to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I went and bought my morning coffee yesterday (in western Massachusetts) and found this 2012 Canadian dime in my change... It appears to be a proof... I very well may be wrong but unless the RCM mints circulation coins WAY nicer than the US then this is a proof...
It has very few very minor contact marks in the fields (undoubtably from circulation) and a clear as day mirrored finish on both sides from an arms length away and appears to be just like my US proofs in every way... It has the RCM logo under the queen and is magnetic, so I'm guessing its not silver.
So proof? Not a proof? What's the composition?
Sorry in advance for the horrible photo, thank my iphone.... and yes, only one, for some reason an iPhone will only allow one upload per post... But you all will get the idea... In the photo I'm posting the coin is out of focus as I was trying to focus on the reflection more... From about 5 inches away..
(Edit*- I tried to post another reply with a photo of the reverse in focus but it changed the photo in this post too so I deleted it.... Stupid iPhone!)
Edited by NathanASE
12/13/2012 10:49 pm
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1411 Posts
 Posted 12/13/2012  10:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Windchild to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Our coins are just really shiny... The Canadian Mint does do a pretty good job at making the coins (originally)

It is nickel plated steel.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1511 Posts
 Posted 12/13/2012  11:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NathanASE to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Really? So all Canadian coins come mirrored like this? Wow.. That blows my mind, this dime is more mirrored than half of my US proofs! I think I might have to start collecting more Canadian coins than just the penny set I'm working on! (Like I dont spend enough already on my US coins )
Holy shiny! this coin is beautiful!
Thanks so much for the info!
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1411 Posts
 Posted 12/13/2012  11:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Windchild to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I tried to get some pictures of my change.. But it is too shiny...

I'll try tomorrow (along with lowball pics and small dollar pics)
Pillar of the Community
Canada
690 Posts
 Posted 12/14/2012  07:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add middross to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
So yesterday my wife gets home from work, and in mid conversation she cuts me off and starts out. When I ask what is going on, she says that she has something for me. After frantically searching through her purse she pulls out her wallet, dumps a pile of change on the table and produces a 1960 silver dime. She was SOOOOO proud of herself.
It seems that I have taught her well.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1177 Posts
 Posted 12/14/2012  08:26 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jakedacc to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@modross - my mom finds "tin" quarters all the time, she doesn't understand why our money was made of silver!
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1005 Posts
 Posted 12/14/2012  2:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bm0ney to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The phone uploads to this site work but,
Crop the photo in your phone gallery to reduce size instead of image optimization on this site.
Photos uploaded with the same file name overwrite eachother.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1511 Posts
 Posted 12/16/2012  5:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NathanASE to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Bm0ney, thanks for the advise/info!
I can crop the photos in my phone, and the optimizer on the site works as well.
Apparently my problem is that the files have the same file name so they overwrite the previously uploaded one... I've tried and tried and I cannot rename (or anything) the photos on my phone... So if I try to upload a new one it overwrites the last... How do I change the file name? (I have an iPhone by the way if that matters) do I create a new album and put each pic I want to upload in a separate album? That's all I can think of?
Sorry for going a bit off topic... But if I can get help with this annoying problem I'll take it where I can get it, lol.

Edit- sorry again, don't mean to stray off topic.. This is just an ongoing issue I've been having.. Email opened... I don't know why it was closed . Ok, thank you, I'll check the main forum.
Sorry again everyone!!

Edited by NathanASE
12/16/2012 7:03 pm
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1005 Posts
 Posted 12/16/2012  6:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bm0ney to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Your receive emails in your profile is off.
To avoid straying from the topic of this thread going into details of camera phones I will post in the main coin forum my method of posting pictures.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
932 Posts
 Posted 12/17/2012  11:58 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add RoyalSilver to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I got my GF's grandmother into coin collecting over the summer...she has spent 10x more than me since then on all sorts of RCM coins haha. I told her to go to the bank and take out some coins to look trough them, she got her first box of pennies a couple days ago. Beginners luck I guess...

finds:

1919 US wheat
1942 US
1943 US
1948 US
1949 US

full roll of 1967 bird pennies !
about 20 more BU 67s and

funny thing, this RBC branch was the first one I went to and got my first ever box of quarters...that yeilded a nice silver 1967..on the last roll haha
Edited by RoyalSilver
12/17/2012 7:24 pm
Valued Member
Canada
395 Posts
 Posted 12/18/2012  12:30 am  Show Profile   Check Coinsplus's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Coinsplus to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This is one of my best finds. Walked into a TD Bank branch in Vancouver today, and I had asked the teller if they had any 'silver' dollar coins (they won't understand if you say 'nickel dollar' coins), and 50 cent pieces. They said they only had the dollar coins. I told them, I will buy the entire amount. Anyhow, to my amazement, there were four actual silver dollars, 1958, 1959, and 2 x 1966. The condition of the silver coins are EF.

The teller told me that I was doing them a favor since these coins were listed on their daily blotters (inventory) everyday, until it got to a larger amount where they would ship it back to Toronto. I was a happy camper. So, silver coins are still circulating! The rest of dollars are just regular nickel dollar coins. Nothing special.

Edited by Coinsplus
12/18/2012 12:32 am
Pillar of the Community
Canada
932 Posts
 Posted 12/18/2012  11:07 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add RoyalSilver to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
wow amazing find !! I'm going to RBC to pick up some quarters and pennies today.

Never had any nickel dollars yet, maybe I should ask more
Page: of 75 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.25 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05