Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Post your Canadian circulation finds!

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 78
Pillar of the Community
United States
965 Posts
 Posted 12/18/2012  11:18 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 1967Canadapenny to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Amazing find
Silver dollars for face value!, I often pay 19x that. Those nickel dollars are cool too, you should check for the different varieties.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1354 Posts
 Posted 12/18/2012  5:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coin Chick to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
These are my 2 most interesting finds today while CRH. I also found 1 roll of pennies that contained 32 pre 1959 and 3 wheat pennies in the one roll.

Bedrock of the Community
Canada
10485 Posts
 Posted 12/18/2012  6:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SHAFTA9a to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice find Coin Chick, especially that 1936 cent looks to be in great condition.

I've got to say, I have never seen the 'school money' coin before.
True North
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1354 Posts
 Posted 12/19/2012  01:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coin Chick to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Shafta9a
It was funny pulling it out of the roll. And it's baffled me as to why someone would put a plastic penny in a roll. It's hard to imagine someone was so cheap that they needed to put it into a roll. Lol. Even has corrosion on it.
Canada
30 Posts
 Posted 01/01/2013  12:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add giantbanana to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I just found a 2006 magnetic no p no logo , I am super happy
Bedrock of the Community
Canada
10485 Posts
 Posted 01/01/2013  1:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SHAFTA9a to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@ Coinsplus

Quote:
The teller told me that I was doing them a favor.....

My teller tells me they are happy to get rid of the 'silver' dollars as, they have lots of paper work to do to get them ready to send back.

So, my advice to you is, when you at your bank be sure to ask the tellers if they have any 'silver' coins you can take off their hands...
True North
Valued Member
Canada
402 Posts
 Posted 01/01/2013  8:29 pm  Show Profile   Check Coinsplus's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Coinsplus to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@ SHAFTA9a,

Yes, I totally agree with you... The branch said they'll call me when they get any in. The guy who sold them to me is the lead teller, so all is good! He has my name and number when he wants to get rid of them if any comes in.
Valued Member
Canada
212 Posts
 Posted 01/01/2013  9:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add shonit123 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Coinsplus I am so jealous right now
Valued Member
Canada
402 Posts
 Posted 01/04/2013  4:39 pm  Show Profile   Check Coinsplus's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Coinsplus to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I was shocked today when I got some change back from a Starbucks in Vancouver. I got 74 cents back in change, and to my surprise, the were some shiny pennies. At first, thought it was a new 2011 or 2012 1 cent coins, but they were 1958 1 cent coins!

I then asked the employee if she had additional 1958 pennies, she said, she has one full roll of 1958 pennies in her till. They are all beautiful UNC...and some Gem UNC. Seems that the original owner of the rolls wrote 1958 Canadian BU. So, I paid 50 cents for the roll.

My best cup of coffee ever.

Hard to believe to finding 55 year old BU pennies....especially at Starbucks. Would never imagined to find such coins.

Have attached a photo of my findings...

Edited by Coinsplus
01/05/2013 12:12 pm
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1177 Posts
 Posted 01/04/2013  11:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jakedacc to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
coinplus, can you search your 1958's for "hanging 8". because you can't sell here yet, do you have an eBay account?
Pillar of the Community
Canada
932 Posts
 Posted 01/05/2013  12:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add RoyalSilver to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
wow awesome find ! Hard to believe it was at a Starbucks...very odd haha
Valued Member
Canada
196 Posts
 Posted 01/05/2013  01:08 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MJT to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Found this note in my stash. I am not a notes collector. Just wondering if it is worth something. Thank you
Pillar of the Community
Canada
932 Posts
 Posted 01/05/2013  11:22 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add RoyalSilver to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
not bad, a 3 digit radar note. Depending on condition, id say maybe around $120-150?
Bedrock of the Community
Canada
10485 Posts
 Posted 01/05/2013  11:37 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SHAFTA9a to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
So, I paid 50 cents for the roll.

Why can't I find something like that...

Great pick up Coinsplus.
True North
Valued Member
Canada
196 Posts
 Posted 01/05/2013  12:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MJT to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Planning to just list it on eBay if the notes worth something. Condition I would say uncirculated. What would be a good starting price for the radar note
Page: of 78 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.05 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05