Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Official "Post A Counterstamp" Thread....

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 57
Pillar of the Community
743 Posts
 Posted 05/24/2013  6:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 7TF to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This is a fun thread. I have a JFK counterstamped penny somewhere around here.
Formerly nancyc
Australia
5130 Posts
 Posted 05/24/2013  6:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Nevol to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I googled 'letter punch' and got this:

http://www.amazon.com/Piece-Alphabe...B002ZJ520C/2

Looks like there's plenty of them out there, just letters and numbers, prices are not too bad either.

I saw a set for sale here in Oz about a month ago and they were nearly $50.
A friend is a present you give to yourself.
Nancy
Edited by Nevol
05/24/2013 6:35 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
7666 Posts
 Posted 05/24/2013  8:03 pm  Show Profile   Check 52Raymo's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 52Raymo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Dang it, now Baysinger has a 1976-D bicentennial counter stamp. I can't find em roll hunting and not having much luck on eBay either.
Oregon coin geek.....*** GO BEAVS ! ! ! ***
Valued Member
United States
60 Posts
 Posted 05/25/2013  8:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add thebugguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
All-

Here's a cent my six year old son found recently- I'm not at all sure where he got it. In addition to the stamp, it looks like someone electroplated it as well:

Oh, and one more from Chile- a 1971 1 Escudo. Not terribly interesting unto itself, though I'd like to think there's some sort of political story behind it. Who knows...

cheers,
tbg
Edited by thebugguy
05/26/2013 12:32 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
2620 Posts
 Posted 05/26/2013  1:27 pm  Show Profile   Check DrDon's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add DrDon to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
these arent illegal. If you stamped "$5" onto a penny ans tried to pass it as a $5 coin, then you'd have a problem.

A better example would be gold plating a 1883 no cent V nickle and passing it off as a $5 gold coin.
Pillar of the Community
United States
7666 Posts
 Posted 05/26/2013  1:33 pm  Show Profile   Check 52Raymo's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 52Raymo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
...or somebody gold plating an 1883 V nickel today and trying to pass it off as a racketeer V nickel.
Oregon coin geek.....*** GO BEAVS ! ! ! ***
Pillar of the Community
United States
2620 Posts
 Posted 05/26/2013  1:46 pm  Show Profile   Check DrDon's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add DrDon to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here's the one (and only) I found.

Valued Member
United States
498 Posts
 Posted 05/29/2013  02:08 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dasaki to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just pulled this out of a box, not my first counterstamp but the others I have have all been posted here already.

The fact that my family has masons in the tree makes it more interesting that I should find this.
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
2357 Posts
 Posted 05/29/2013  03:10 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bacchus2 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A 1955 Irish florin counterstamped with "UVF". Almost certainly done in Harland and Wolff shipyard during the 1970's.

Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
2357 Posts
 Posted 05/29/2013  03:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bacchus2 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A Costa Rica 1893 25 centimos counterstamped with 50 centimos in 1923.

Pillar of the Community
United States
950 Posts
 Posted 06/05/2013  12:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add baysinger626 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here are some of my others.

Pillar of the Community
Canada
2805 Posts
 Posted 06/05/2013  11:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nalaberong to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry, I keep doing this, but can we please move this to the Main forum? I mean, now that people have started posting international coins it's completely unfit for an American forum. Here's my contribution:

Pillar of the Community
Canada
2805 Posts
 Posted 06/06/2013  12:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nalaberong to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
The fact that my family has masons in the tree makes it more interesting that I should find this.

Mine too, but instead of a counterstamp I found a real masonic penny in an old box in the basement (a big copper token dripping with pointless symbolism). These were apparently swapped between members, and the initials carved in the middle are like a signature. This means that I have some random chump's, and someone out there has my great-grandfather's... if you have a Masonic penny from Alberta or PEI with the initials WLM in some form, I'd love to have a look at it (mine is from Drumheller, Alberta)...
Learn More...
United States
84101 Posts
 Posted 06/06/2013  12:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
... can we please move this to the Main forum?
Done. The wider variety vould be nice.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4302 Posts
 Posted 06/06/2013  2:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here's my 1925 Stone Mountain commemorative half-dollar with "185" and "TENN(essee)" counterstamps.

Here's my original post about it: http://goccf.com/t/141523
Page: of 57 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.84 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05