Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Official "Post A Counterstamp" Thread....

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 867 / Views: 130,220Next Topic
Page: of 58
Pillar of the Community
United States
3723 Posts
 Posted 02/27/2020  3:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ExoGuy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@ ZTriPs .... No Offense taken. You see one thing, I see another .... I'm not totally dismissing your thought. I'm simply offering my opinion, based on experience, what I've seen and not seen.

I regard myself as a student of counterstamps and numismatics in general. Forever learning, I am. If I ever do encounter this symbol, used as the letter "C" in a counterstamp, rest assured, I'll return and eat Crow, with a Capital C. Meanwhile, omega suits me fine.

Pillar of the Community
United States
603 Posts
 Posted 03/06/2020  3:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add otto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1824 Great Britain shilling. Not exactly a counterstamp.

Edited by otto
03/06/2020 3:39 pm
Learn More...
United States
92278 Posts
 Posted 03/06/2020  3:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
1824 Great Britain shilling. Not exactly a counterstamp.
Very interesting!
Bedrock of the Community
26893 Posts
 Posted 03/06/2020  5:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Errers and Varietys to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very interesting otto! Very neat.
Valued Member
Canada
191 Posts
 Posted 03/06/2020  5:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ironhorse to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
engraved coins are one of my favourites....good show otto
United States
48 Posts
 Posted 03/30/2020  7:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Sign of Omega to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Found this in coin roll.

Learn More...
United States
92278 Posts
United States
7 Posts
 Posted 04/06/2020  12:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 2TriPs to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Edited by 2TriPs
04/06/2020 12:06 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
3723 Posts
 Posted 04/06/2020  1:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ExoGuy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to the CCF, 2TriPs

While yours is an astute catch and comparison, I doubt that our poster's coin bears the same "Grenada" mark. The Grenada stamp, along with accompanying marks, I believe, was used on silver coins in order to redenominate them. The resemblance of this particular "G" is remarkably similar to the omega sign!

United States
48 Posts
 Posted 06/01/2020  9:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Sign of Omega to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Found in coin roll (again)

Comment on the mint mark.

Learn More...
United States
92278 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
26893 Posts
 Posted 06/02/2020  1:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Errers and Varietys to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice find Sign of Omega!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
11130 Posts
 Posted 07/11/2020  01:03 am  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I got this from my mom's on my most recent visit. We couldn't remember where it came from, but I said I would take it. It's quite possible it came from the gift shop of the Sixth Floor Museum.

In Memory of Crazyb0
12-26-1951 to 7-27-2020
In Memory of Tootallious
3-31-1964 to 4-15-2020
Learn More...
United States
92278 Posts
Valued Member
United States
187 Posts
 Posted 09/12/2020  3:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rdlem to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My recent finds including one referencing the quarantine Safe bet all done by the same person except the V. I found three of them in consecutive weeks including the Wanna Shag and Get Lei'd and started to think some horny individual was targeting me.
Page: of 58 Previous TopicReplies: 867 / Views: 130,220Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.31 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05